This week in Pac-12 softball
• OREGON, UCLA and ARIZONA continue their postseason run and will play in NCAA Super Regionals, with Oregon beginning Friday and UCLA and Arizona starting Saturday.
• The seven selections for the NCAA Softball Championship were tied for the second-most of any conference in the nation. It marked the 19th-straight season that the Pac-12 had five or more teams advancing to the NCAA tournament.
• Only 12 schools have been crowned the NCAA Division I softball champion since the tournament started in 1982, and 11 have competed in this year’s tournament, with five of them coming from the Pac-12. With 23 national titles since the sport was initially sponsored in 1987, more than any other conference in the nation, all nine Pac-12 teams have made appearances in the Women’s College World Series in the past three years.
• Oregon clinched the Pac-12 title in the final day of the regular season, besting Arizona while Arizona State upset UCLA. It marked UO’s third-consecutive Pac-12 title.
• UCLA’s Ally Carda was named Pac-12 Player of the Year, while UO’s Cheridan Hawkins was named Pitcher of the Year, Arizona’s Hallie Wilson was Defensive Player of the Year and UO’s Jenna Lilley earned Freshman of the Year, UTAH’s Amy Hogue was voted Coach of the Year.
UPCOMING PAC-12 SOFTBALL SCHEDULE
Eugene Super Regional - Howe Field, Eugene, Ore.
No. 2 OREGON vs. North Carolina State
Game 1: Friday, May 22 (ESPNU) 6 p.m. PT
Game 2: Saturday, May 23 (ESPNU) 12 p.m. PT
Game 3 (if necessary): Saturday, May 23 (ESPNU) 3 p.m. PT
Los Angeles Super Regional - Easton Stadium, Los Angeles, Calif.
No. 7 UCLA vs. No. 10 Missouri
Game 1: Saturday, May 23 (ESPNU) 5 p.m. PT
Game 2: Sunday, May 24 (ESPNU) 12 p.m. PT
Game 3 (if necessary): Sunday, May 24 (ESPNU) 3 p.m. PT
Baton Rouge Super Regional - Tiger Park, Baton Rouge, La.
No. 12 ARIZONA vs. No. 5 LSU
Game 1: Saturday, May 23 (ESPN2) 9 p.m. CT
Game 2: Sunday, May 24 (ESPN) 4 p.m. CT
Game 3 (if necessary): Sunday, May 24 (ESPN2) 7 p.m. CT
NCAA Super Regionals: May 22-24 (best of three series)
Women’s College World Series: May 28-June 3 (double elimination in bracket play)
Wed 3/27 | 3:00pm PTLive