#Complete12 Spotlight: USC's Robby Kolanz
Major: Broadcast Journalism
Position: Wide Receiver
Hometown: Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.
Road to USC: “I got some scholarship offers on the east coast and I was looking at playing football at Ivy League schools. But my grandfather (the late Stan Chambers) went to USC and in high school I started coming to games and visiting campus a lot. There’s just something unique about this place. There is an inspiring energy on campus, and there really is something to the idea of the Trojan family. I walked on to the football team my sophomore year; it was important to me to find a school that I would want to be at regardless of football, a school that would offer me a complete student-athlete experience.”
• Intern in the USC Sports Information Department
• Nike Football High School Clinic intern
• Student assistant for USC Athletic Director Pat Haden
• Member of Sigma Chi fraternity
• On executive board of USC Students Against Sexual Assault
• Member of Trojan Athletic Senate
• Volunteer with Catholic Center delivering food to the homeless
• Annenberg student news
Career Goals: “It’s very important to me to be set up for success outside of football, but I do want to devote my career to sports. The energy, passion, and atmosphere around athletics inspire me so much and bring out the best in me. It’s important to me to be part of a team.”
Follow the Pac-12's snapchat at pac12conference to see inside Robby's complete student-athlete experience this week. He'll be taking over the conference's snapchat Sept. 16 and 18.