Herbert, Victor, Pettis earn weekly Conference honors
Offensive: Justin Herbert, Fr., QB, Oregon
• Herbert tied the Oregon single-game individual record with 489 passing yards while completing 31 of 42 passes for four touchdowns and no interceptions in the Ducks’ 54-35 win over Arizona State.
• Became the school's first player to ever accumulate 500 yards of total offense, finishing with 512 in only his third career start.
• Led the Ducks to scoring drives on their first five possessions (TDs on the first two) while throwing for 320 yards (20-24) in the first half.
Defensive: Azeem Victor, Jr., LB, Washington
• Victor earned Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week honors after compiling a total of 16 tackles (10 solo, six assists) in the No. 4-ranked Huskies' 31-24 win at then-No. 17 Utah.
• His 16 tackles were the most by a Husky player since the 2012 Fight Hunger Bowl win over BYU and his total included one tackle for loss.
Special Teams: Dante Pettis, Jr., PR/WR, Washington
• Pettis broke the Washington school record with the fifth punt return for a touchdown in his career Saturday as the No. 4 Huskies held off No. 17 Utah, 31-24.
• With the score tied at 24-24 with just 3:25 remaining in the game, Pettis provided the winning score with his 58-yard return, his second of the season.
• With five career punt return TDs, he's just one shy of the Pac-12 record of six (DeSean Jackson, Cal). Pettis also had two receptions in the win.
Offensive: Kalen Ballage, ASU; Ryan Nall, OSU; Christian McCaffrey, STAN; Ronald Jones II, USC; Joe Williams, UTAH; Luke Falk, WSU
Defensive: Marcus Ball, ASU; Jalen Moore, OSU; Solomon Thomas, STAN; Marvell Tell III, USC; Chase Hansen, UTAH
Special Teams: Aidan Schneider, ORE; Jake Bailey, STAN; Adoree' Jackson, USC; Mitch Wishnowsky, Utah
2016 PAC-12 FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Oct. 31||Justin Herbert, ORE||Azeem Victor, WASH||Dante Pettis, WASH|