Pac-12 Announces Women's Swimmer and Diver of the Month
Swimmer of the Month: Katie Ledecky, Stanford
• Stanford freshman and five-time Olympic gold medalist Katie Ledecky set two American records, three school records and three NCAA records in November.
• She twice set the NCAA record in the 500-yard freestyle at the Ohio State Invitational en route to the American standard (4:33.94).
• She also set the NCAA mark in the 1000-yard free in a dual meet win over Texas on Nov. 12, and then bested that time with a split of 9:08.99 during her American-record finish in the 1,650-yard free (15:03.92) at the same OSU Invite.
• This is Stanford’s 15th nod all-time.
Diver of the Month: Phoebe LaMay, California
• Lamay broke her own school record on the 1-meter board at home during the Texas dual meet, winning the event with a score of 314.18.
• At the Texas Diving Invitational later in November, the sophomore broke another school record this time on 3-meter with a score of 302.70 while placing second overall.
• This is Cal’s third nod all-time and first since Anne Kastler won the award in January of 2014.
Swimmer of the Month: Kat Simonovic, ASU; Amy Bilquist, CAL; Felicia Anderson, OSU; Kenisha Liu, UCLA; Tatum Wade, USC; Ryan Falk, WSU
Diver of the Month: Mara Aiacoboae, ASU; Eloise Belanger, UCLA
2016-17 PAC-12 WOMEN'S SWIMMER AND DIVER OF THE MONTH
|Swimmer of the Month||Diver of the Month|
|November||Katie Ledecky, Stanford||Phoebe LaMay, California|