Pac-12 softball players of the week
Player of the Week: Katiyana Mauga, Arizona
• 5 GP, 6 R, 4 HR, 8 RBI, .429 AVG
• Hit four home runs in Arizona’s five games to start the season 5-0, including her 70th career homer.
• She becomes the sixth player in Arizona history, eighth in Pac-12 history and 24th in NCAA history with 70 or more home runs.
• Led Arizona in RBI (8) and slugging percentage (1.357).
• This is Mauga’s second career nod after taking the award in March of 2015 and a league-leading 158th for Arizona.
Pitcher of the Week: Taran Alvelo, Washington
• 3 GP (2 CG), 23 IP, 3-0 record, 0.91 ERA, 16K
• Started in three games, pitched 23 innings, including two full games in double header against Nebraska and No. 1 Oklahoma in the Puerto Vallarta College Challenge.
• Pitched a 2-1 win over No. 2 Auburn on Thursday and a 1-0 win over reigning NCAA Champion and No. 1 Oklahoma Saturday.
• Starting the 2017 season with a 3-0 record, allowed only four runs in three games, totaling 16 strikeouts.
• This is Alvelo’s third career pitcher of the week honor.
Freshman of the Week: Teaghan Cowles, Stanford
• 6 GP, 7 R, 7 RBI, .619 AVG
• Hit .619 (13-for-21) on the weekend with seven RBIs, seven runs, two stolen bases and a triple.
• Had at least two hits in four of six games.
• Her four hits in the Cardinal’s 16-9 win against Purdue tied her for the fifth-most in a single game by a Stanford player in program history.
Player of the Week: Maggie Balint, ORE; Natalie Hampton, OSU; Whitney Burks, STAN; Delaney Spaulding, UCLA; Anissa Urtez, UTAH; Trysten Melhart, WASH.
Pitcher of the Week: Danielle O'Toole, ARIZ; Dale Ryndak, ASU; Nerissa Eason, OSU; Carolyn Lee, STAN; Rachel Garcia, UCLA; Katie Donovan, UTAH.
Freshman of the Week: Dejah Mulipola, ARIZ; Mia Camuso, ORE; Nerissa Eason, OSU; Rachel Garcia, UCLA; Alyssa Barrera, UTAH; Sis Bates, WASH.
2017 PAC-12 SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Feb. 14||Katiyana Mauga, ARIZ||Teaghan Cowles, STAN||Taran Alvelo, WASH|
Wed 10/24 | 6:00pm PTLive