Pac-12 announces baseball Players of the Week
UTAH'S HUNTER SIMMONS NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
STANFORD'S ANDREW SUMMERVILLE TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Hunter Simmons, Sr., INF, Utah
- 2 R, 9 H, 5 RBI, .692 AVG
- Hit .563 (9-for-16) with six RBI in games against Nebraska and Ohio State with Utah going 3-1 for the weekend.
- 3-for-5 in game one against Ohio State with an RBI.
- 2-for-4 with an RBI that gave Utah a 2-0 lead in the first inning in game two against Ohio State.
- Drove in one of Utah’s three runs in game two against Nebraska and also had a key defensive play on a squeeze play late in the game to prevent a run from scoring.
- Fourth all-time weekly-honor for Utah and second for Simmons.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Andrew Summerville, Jr., LHP, Stanford
- 6 IP, 97 P, 8 K, 0 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 0.00 ERA
- Combined for the fifth one-hitter in school history on Friday, Stanford's first one-hitter in 14 years.
- Started and left with a no-hitter after six innings and 97 pitches.
- Struck out eight batters and did not allow a baserunner in scoring position.
- Faced just two hitters over the minimum, and led Stanford to a 6-0 victory over Kansas.
- 83rd all-time weekly-honor for Stanford and first honor for Summerville.
Player: Michael Flynn, ARIZ; Eli Lingos, ASU; Gabe Matthews, ORE; Kj Harrison, OSU; Mikey Diekroeger, STAN; Sean Bouchard, UCLA; Lars Nootbaar, USC; Joey Morgan, WASH; Justin Harrer, WSU.
Pitcher: Jared Oliva, ARIZ; Tanner Dodson, CAL; Matt Mercer, ORE; Jake Thompson, OSU; Griffin Canning, UCLA; Riley Ottesen, UTAH; Noah Bremer, WASH; Scotty Sunitsch, WSU.
2017 PAC-12 PLAYER AND PITCHER OF THE WEEK
|Feb. 21||Nick Quintana, ARIZ||Luke Heimlich, OSU|
|Feb. 28||Hunter Simmons, UTAH||Andrew Summerville, STAN|