Pac-12 announces baseball Players of the Week
STANFORD'S QUINN BRODEY NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
COLTON HOCK TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Quinn Brodey, Jr., OF, Stanford
- 1 R, 9 H, 6 RBI, .409 AVG
- Had walk offs in two-straight games and the game-winning RBI in three consecutive games, leading Stanford to a four-game series win over Texas last week.
- Had a hit in all five games last week and hit .409 (9-of-22) with 6 RBI, two doubles, a home run and a stolen base.
- He had a slugging percentage of .636 and on-base percentage of .435, and defensively, did not commit an error in five starts in center field.
- 74th all-time weekly-honor for Stanford and first for Brodey.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Colton Hock, Jr., RHP, Stanford
- In a three appearances, Hock earned two wins and a save to give Stanford a series win over the Longhorns.
- For the week, Colton did not allow a run and gave up just one hit in 5.0 innings. He struck out four and held opponents to a .067 batting average.
- On Friday, Hock entered the game in the eighth with no outs and the go-ahead run at first, but retired the side in order on just four pitches.
- In Game 1 on Saturday, he entered in the 10th and retired the side in order with just six pitches, including a strike out, and earned the win when Stanford won in the bottom half.
- In Game 2, he entered in the eighth with the tying run on first and no outs, and once again, stranded the runner. In the ninth, a throwing error put the leadoff runner at second in a one-run game, but once again, Hock got three straight outs to strand the runner, and end the game and series.
- 84th all-time weekly-honor for Stanford and second honor for Hock.
Player: Andrew Vaughn, CAL; Kyle Kasser, ORE; Cadyn Grenier, OSU; Sean Bouchard, UCLA; Lars Nootbaar, USC; Dallas Carroll, UTAH; Mj Hubbs, WASH; J.j. Hancock, WSU.
Pitcher: Eli Lingos, ASU; Tanner Dodson, CAL; David Peterson, ORE; Luke Heimlich, OSU; Griffin Canning, UCLA; Mason Perryman, USC; Riley Ottesen, UTAH; Chris Micheles, WASH; Cody Anderson, WSU.
2017 PAC-12 PLAYER AND PITCHER OF THE WEEK