Pac-12 Softball Players of the Week for April 11
Player of the Week: Katiyana Mauga, Arizona
• 3 GP, 5 R, 4 HR, 8 RBI, .667 AVG
• Hit four home runs in nine at-bats to help Arizona sweep Stanford as the Wildcats are now 12-0 in league play for the first time since 1994
• Took over the Pac-12 lead in home runs (16) and moved into a tie for seventh in NCAA history in career home runs (83)
• Hit .557 with eight RBI and a 2.000 slugging percentage for the weekend
Pitcher and Freshman of the Week: Rachel Garcia, UCLA
• 3 GP, 12.2 IP, 2-1 record, 1.66 ERA, 8K
• Did not allow a run in her two victories against #1 Oregon, tossing a complete-game, five-hitter with three strikeouts in Friday's 2-0 win.
• Tossed three frames of relief with three more strikeouts in Saturday's 1-0 nine-inning win, as the Bruins became the first team to blank the Ducks in back-to-back games since 2013.
• Added four hits in eight at-bats in the three-game series, scoring the game-winning run on Friday and posting a pair of doubles on Sunday.
Player of the Week: Kylie Sorenson, STAN; Zoe Shaw, UCLA; Hannah Flippen, UTAH; Ali Aguilar, WASH.
Pitcher of the Week: Taylor McQuillin, ARIZ; Kayler Detmer, STAN; Miranda Viramontes, UTAH; Taran Alvelo, WASH.
Freshman of the Week: Jessie Harper, ARIZ; Maggie Balint, ORE; Montana Dixon, STAN; Kelly Martinez, UTAH.
2017 PAC-12 SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|April 10||Katiyana Mauga, ARIZ||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Rachel Garcia, UCLA|
|April 3||Katiyana Mauga, ARIZ||Maggie Balint, ORE||Alyssa Palomino, ARIZ|
|Mar. 20||Sashel Palacios, ASU||Danielle O'Toole, ARIZ||Rachel Garcia, UCLA|
|Mar. 13||Chelsea Gonzales, ASU||Michelle Floyd, ARIZ||Jessie Harper, ARIZ|
|Mar. 6||Alexis Mack, ORE||Taylor Cotton, OSU||Miranda Elish, ORE|
|Feb. 28||Mo Mercado, ARIZ||Danielle O'Toole, ARIZ||Alyssa Barrera, UTAH|
|Feb. 21||Lauren Lindvall, ORE||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Dejah Mulipola, ARIZ|
|Feb. 14||Katiyana Mauga, ARIZ||Teaghan Cowles, STAN||Taran Alvelo, WASH|
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/18 | 12:00pm PTLive