Pac-12 announces baseball Players of the Week
STANFORD’S MATT WINAKER NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
OREGON’S DAVID PETERSON TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Matt Winaker, Jr., INF, Stanford
• 5 R, 6 H, 4 RBI, .667 SLG
• Winaker hit .400 for the week with six hits, five runs, four RBI, two extra base hits, a .667 slugging percentage, .500 on-base percentage and three walks.
• He led Stanford to its first sweep of Arizona since 1999 and its first eight-game winning streak in four years.
• He was 2-for-4 with two runs, a walk and an RBI on Tuesday, and on Friday, he was 3-for-4 with two go-ahead hits and two runs, including the game-winning run.
• 76th all-time weekly-honor for Stanford and first for Winaker.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: David Peterson, Jr., LHP, Oregon
• 20 K, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0.00 ERA
• Had a career-high 20 strikeouts and matched the Oregon team record for Ks in a game.
• 20 strikeouts tied for the high in the nation this season. 20 Ks matched the most ever against an Arizona State team and was the most in a nine-inning game against the Sun Devils.
• First career complete game and shutout.
• 12th honor for Oregon and third honor for Peterson.
Player: Preston Grand Pre, CAL; Jack Anderson, OSU; Michael Toglia, UCLA; Brandon Perez, USC; Andres Alvarez, WSU.
Pitcher: Erik Martinez, CAL; Luke Heimlich, OSU; Chris Castellanos, STAN; Griffin Canning, UCLA; Jayson Rose, UTAH; Isaac Mullins, WSU.
2017 PAC-12 PLAYER AND PITCHER OF THE WEEK
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive