Five Pac-12 women's soccer teams nationally ranked
• Five teams continue to be ranked and five have unblemished league marks as Pac-12 women’s soccer enters its second week of Conference play this week
• No. 1 UCLA and No. 2 STANFORD hold their places at the top of the United Soccer Coaches national Poll for the fourth straight week. USC jumped to No. 7 after tying No. 24 UTAH, 0-0, last week. CALIFORNIA edged closer to the top 10, climbing two spots to No. 11 after defeating WASHINGTON, 1-0, and extending its win streak to six matches.
• This week starts the two Conference matches per week schedule, with four matches set for broadcast on Thursday on Pac-12 Networks. OREGON kicks off the week against No. 7 USC at 3:30 p.m., followed by COLORADO versus WASHINGTON STATE at 5:30 p.m. on Pac-12 Network, while ARIZONA visits Stanford at 7 p.m. on Pac-12 Arizona. For Pac-12 Networks’ Thursday Goals, No. 24 Utah takes on Washington on Pac-12 Network at 7:30 p.m.
• Pac-12 schools appear in the top five in the nation in 12 team statistical categories, which is the most of any Conference. UCLA is third in the country with a 0.944 winning percentage and one of four Division I teams without a loss (Texas, Milwaukee, Rutgers). Stanford is the national leader in six statistical categories including points per game (13.11) and scoring offense (4.56) while making the top five in three additional team categories. The Cardinal also ranks first in assists per game (4.00) and is joined by UCLA (3.33) and Utah (3.22) ranking third and fourth, respectively.
• Stanford’s Catarina Macario continues to make her mark in the NCAA individual leader categories as she is tied for third with 21 total points and tied for 10th with 0.89 goals per game. UCLA’s Jessie Fleming and Stanford’s Andi Sullivan are tied for 10th with 0.67 assists per game.
• California’s Anja Koehler captured her first Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week honor after scoring the game winner in the second half to defeat Washington, 1-0. UCLA’s Kaiya McCullough won Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week after blanking Colorado, 2-0, on the road. McCullough’s individual dominance along a Bruins’ back line that allowed only one shot on goal also gained national attention as she earned a spot on TopDrawerSoccer’s weekly Best IX team.
• Utah goalkeeper Carly Nelson was superb last week coming up with a career-high 10 saves in the Utes’ 0-0 tie against No. 7 USC to earn her first career Pac-12 Goalkeeper of the Week nod. Nelson leads the Pac-12 and ranks 12th in the country with a 0.44 goals against average
• Three Pac-12 student-athletes appear on the 2017 Senior CLASS Award candidate list: Andi Sullivan, Stanford; Zoey Goralski, UCLA; and Alex Anthony, USC. An acronym for Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School, honors the attributes of NCAA Division I senior student-athletes in four areas: community, classroom, character and competition. The candidates will be narrowed to 10 finalists midway through the regular season to determine an official ballot and the winner will be announced during the College Cup in December.
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded standings)
|Teams||Points||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Times local to site)
|Thursday, Sept. 28||TV/Stream||Time|
|Oregon State at #7 USC||P12N||3:30 p.m. PT|
|Arizona State at #11 California||4 p.m. PT|
|Oregon at #1 UCLA||5 p.m. PT|
|Colorado at Washington State||P12N||5:30 p.m. PT|
|Arizona at #2 Stanford||P12A||7 p.m. PT|
|#24 Utah at Washington||P12N||7:30 p.m. PT|
|Saturday, Oct. 1|
|#24 Utah at Washington State||P12N||11 a.m. PT|
|Colorado at Washington||12 p.m. PT|
|Oregon State at #1 UCLA||P12N||1 p.m. PT|
|Oregon at #7 USC||1 p.m. PT|
|Arizona at #11 California||1 p.m. PT|
|Arizona State at #2 Stanford||1 p.m. PT|
P12N/P12A/P12BA/P12LA/P12M/P12O/P12W - Indicates live broadcast on Pac-12 Network. MWN - Indicates live broadcast on Mountain West Network.
PAC-12 WOMEN'S SOCCER PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offensive: Anja Koehler, California
Defensive: Kaiya McCullough, UCLA
Goalkeeper: Carly Nelson, Utah
Offensive: Cali Crisler, ARIZ; Diana Santiago, OSU; Jaye Boissiere, STAN; Ashley Sanchez, UCLA; Morgan Weaver, WSU.
Defensive: Morgan McGarry, ARIZ; Indigo Gibson, CAL; Kathryn Baker, OSU; Dominique Randle, USC; Janie Kearl, UTAH; Tierna Davidson, STAN; Maddy Haro, WSU.
Goalkeeper: Lainey Burdett, ARIZ; Nikki Panas, ASU; Emily Boyd, CAL; Bella Geist, OSU; Alison Jahansouz, STAN; Teagan Micah, UCLA; Kaylie Collins, USC; Sarah Shimer, WASH; Ella Dederick, WSU.
2017 PAC-12 WOMEN'S SOCCER PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
2017 Senior CLASS Award
Andi Sullivan, STAN; Zoey Goralski, UCLA; Alex Anthony, USC
IN THE PRESEASON
Pac-12 Preseason Poll | NSCAA Preseason Poll | Soccer America Preseason Poll unavailable as of 8/23
- Arizona Women's Soccer
- Arizona State Women's Soccer
- California Women's Soccer
- Colorado Women's Soccer
- Oregon Women's Soccer
- Oregon State Women's Soccer
- Stanford Women's Soccer
- USC Women's Soccer
- UCLA Women's Soccer
- Utah Women's Soccer
- Washington Women's Soccer
- Washington State Women's Soccer
- Arizona State
- Oregon State
- Washington State
- Women's Soccer
- Pac-12 Conference
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive