Pac-12 Football Players of the Week - Week 6
OFFENSIVE: Khalil Tate, So., QB, Arizona (Inglewood, Calif.)
• Came off the bench to set the FBS single-game rushing record for a quarterback with 327 yards, which is second-highest for all players in UA school history and fifth-most in conference history.
• Totaled 208 yards on four touchdown runs (58, 28, 47 and 75 yards) for an average of 52.0 yards per score.
• Completed 12 of 13 pass attempts for 154 yards and one touchdown.
• Totaled 481 yards of offense, the fifth-highest tally in school history.
• Became second FBS quarterback ever (Jordan Lynch, NIU, 2013) to rush for 300 yards and pass for 150 in a game.
DEFENSIVE: Justin Reid, Jr., DB, Stanford (Prairieville, La.)
• Reid had a team-high seven tackles, added a game-changing tackle for loss and the game-clinching interception to lead Stanford to a 23-20 conference win over previously unbeaten Utah.
• Late in the third quarter, Stanford was clinging to a six-point lead on the road, and Utah had first-and-goal at the Stanford two-yard line. On first down, Reid assisted on a tackle to stuff the Utes at the one-yard line, and on the next play, Reid came up to pin the Utes for a one-yard loss. The Utes settled for a field goal, and Stanford never surrendered the lead.
• Reid had an interception for the third straight game as his late fourth quarter pick all but clinched Stanford's first Top 25 road win in more than two years.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Erik Powell, RSr., K, Washington State (Vancouver, Wash.)
• Powell, the second-straight Pac-12 Special Teams Player of the Week honoree, connected on all four field goal attempts and all three extra points for a 15-point night in WSU’s 33-10 win at Oregon.
• Powell hit from 25, a career-best 52, 47 and 29 yards. His 52-yard field goal was the longest by a WSU kicker since 2013.
• Powell is second in the conference with 12 FGM, tied for the lead in total points (64) and second in field goal percentage (92.3).
• He also had four punts for 136 yards (34.0 avg.), none of which were returned, and had eight kickoffs that averaged 56.1 yards with one touchback.
OFFENSIVE: Phillip Lindsay, COLO; Darren Carrington II, Utah; Bryce Love, STAN; Luke Falk, WSU.
DEFENSIVE: Jack Jones, USC; Sunia Tauteoli, UTAH; Hunter Dale, WSU.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Jet Toner, STAN; Matt Gay, UTAH.
|Sep. 5||Josh Rosen, UCLA||Devante Downs, CAL||Jake Olsen, USC|
|Sep. 11||Sam Darnold, USC||Peyton Pelluer, WSU||Dante Pettis, WASH|
|Sep. 17||Luke Falk, WSU||Devante Downs, CAL||Dante Pettis, WASH|
|Sep. 25||Bryce Love, STAN||Jack Jones, USC||Brandon Ruiz, ASU|
|Oct. 2||Bryce Love, STAN||Jahad Woods, WSU||Erik Powell, WSU|
|Oct. 9||Khalil Tate, Ariz||Justin Reid, STAN||Erik Powell, WSU|