Pac-12 Football Players of the Week – Week 9
OFFENSIVE: Khalil Tate, So., QB, Arizona (Inglewood, Calif.)
• For the first time in Conference history, Tate has been selected the Pac-12 Football Offensive Player of the Week for the fourth week in a row.
• Totaled 421 yards of offense and three touchdowns to lead Arizona to a 58-37 victory over No. 15 Washington State.
• Had a career-long run of 82 yards (fourth-straight contest with a run of 70+ yards), a 49-yard touchdown run and four pass plays of 40+ yards.
• His 14.03 yards per play on 30 total offense attempts (13-146 rushing, 17-275 passing) is a new school record for a minimum of 25 attempts.
• Also helped UA to an average of 11.5 yards per play, the school's biggest clip since at least 1996.
DEFENSIVE: Harrison Phillips, Sr., DL, Stanford (Omaha, Neb.)
• Phillips finished with a game-high 10 tackles (five solo), 2.5 TFL, 0.5 sack, two fumble recoveries and a forced fumble that led to the game-winning touchdown with 20 seconds left.
• Oregon State was running out the clock with under three minutes to go, but Phillips forced the fumble and recovered it at the OSU 40-yard line with 2:30 remaining. Stanford then scored the game-winner in a 15-14 road victory.
• Also, with less than a minute left in the first half, Phillips recovered a fumble at the Oregon State 18-yard line that led to a field goal in the eventual one-point win.
• Phillips helped the Cardinal defense hold the hosts to just 3.4 yards per rush, 126 passing yards and 264 total yards.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Lucas Havrisik, Fr., K, Arizona (Riverside, Calif.)
• On his second career attempt, Lucas Havrisik tied the school record for longest made field goal by drilling a 57-yarder at the end of the first half to extend Arizona's six-point lead to 23-14 at halftime.
• Also booted nine of 10 kickoffs into the endzone for touchbacks, with the only return going for 13 yards.
• The effort helped UA win the average field position battle with the Cougars starting their drives at their own 29-yardline (average).
OFFENSIVE: Kyle Williams, ASU; Steven Montez, COLO; Tyrell Crosby, ORE; Ronald Jones II, USC; Darren Carrington II, UTAH; Myles Gaskin, WASH.
DEFENSIVE: Tony Fields II, ARIZ; Ugochukwu Amadi, ORE; Omar Hicks-Onu, OSU, Uchenna Nwosu, USC.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Michael Sleep-Dalton, ASU; Alex Kinney, COLO; Aidan Schneider, ORE; Jet Toner, STAN; Mitch Wishnowsky, UTAH; Salvon Ahmed, WASH.
|Sep. 5||Josh Rosen, UCLA||Devante Downs, CAL||Jake Olsen, USC|
|Sep. 11||Sam Darnold, USC||Peyton Pelluer, WSU||Dante Pettis, WASH|
|Sep. 17||Luke Falk, WSU||Devante Downs, CAL||Dante Pettis, WASH|
|Sep. 25||Bryce Love, STAN||Jack Jones, USC||Brandon Ruiz, ASU|
|Oct. 2||Bryce Love, STAN||Jahad Woods, WSU||Erik Powell, WSU|
|Oct. 9||Khalil Tate, ARIZ||Justin Reid, STAN||Erik Powell, WSU|
|Oct. 16||Khalil Tate, ARIZ||Jordan Kunaszyk, CAL||Mitch Wishnowsky, UTAH|
|Oct. 23||Khalil Tate, ARIZ||Colin Schooler, ARIZ||Brandon Ruiz, ASU|
|Oct. 28||Khalil Tate, ARIZ||Harrison Phillips, STAN||Lucas Havrisik, ARIZ|