Pac-12 Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Alanna Smith, JR, F, Stanford (Melbourne, Australia)
3 GP, 23.7 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 31-48 (.646), 7-9 FT (.778), 4 ast, 6 blk
• Averaged a double-double with 23.7 points and 11.7 rebounds in Stanford’s 2-1 week at the Play4Kay Showcase in Las Vegas.
• Shot 64.6 percent from the field (31-of-48), 40 percent from deep and averaged 2.0 blocks per game.
• Had the best performance of her career in the Cardinal’s 94-82 overtime loss to No. 9 Ohio State on Saturday, setting career highs in both scoring (33) and rebounding (16).
• The nation’s only 30-point, 15-rebound double-double against a ranked team this season and just the fourth such performance by a Pac-12 player against an AP top-10 team since 2000.
• Her 33 points is the highest single-game total in the Pac-12 this season and the most at Stanford since Chiney Oqwumike dropped 37 against Washington State on March 1, 2014.
• 106th weekly honor for Stanford and first honor for Smith.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Kianna Smith, FR, G, California (Moreno Valley, Calif.)
2 GP, 13.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 10-16 (.625), 1-2 FT (.500), 17 ast, 2 blk, 1 stl
• Named to the Cal Classic All-Tournament Team after averaging 13.0 points and 8.5 assists per game over the weekend.
• Tallied first-career double-double, registering 17 points and 12 assists in Cal's win over Manhattan.
• 12 assists are the second-most by any Pac-12 player in a game this season.
• Went 4-for-5 from beyond the arc against the Jaspers and was 10-for-16 from the floor and 5-for-8 from 3-point-range on the weekend.
• 4.4 assists per game leads all Pac-12 freshmen this season while her 51.4 percent field goal percentage ranks second among Conference rookies.
• 13th freshman honor for California.
Player of the Week: Jalea Bennett, ARIZ; Asha Thomas, CAL; Kennedy Leonard, COLO; Ruthy Hebard, ORE; Marie Gulich, OSU; Monique Billings, UCLA; Kristen Simon, USC; Daneesha Provo, UTAH; Borislava Hristova, WSU.
Freshman of the Week: Sam Thomas, ARIZ; Annika Jank, COLO; Aleah Goodman, OSU; Chantel Horvat, UCLA; Tori Williams, UTAH.
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 13||Sabrina Ionescu, ORE||Satou Sabally, ORE|
|Nov. 20||Jordin Canada, UCLA||Annika Jank, COLO|
|Nov. 27||Alanna Smith, STAN||Kianna Smith, CAL|