Pac-12 Women's Basketball begins league play this week
• Pac-12 teams get their first weekend of league play in before the end of the calendar year. All 12 teams are in full swing beginning on Friday, Dec. 29 for the first league matchups of the season. No. 17/17 OREGON STATE begins defense of its Pac-12 crown hosting WASHINGTON as the first game to tip off league action on Friday.
• USC leads the Pac-12 with the best overall record, going 10-1 in non-league play for a .909 win percentage, giving head coach Mark Trakh his 100th Trojan victory. No. 10/10 OREGON has the most wins among Conference teams with 11, its third-straight year with double-digit non-conference regular-season wins.
• No. 20/25 CALIFORNIA and OSU have the longest current win streaks in the Pac-12 as teams head into league play. Each have won their last six and look to build on it as they host their first league games.
• Also on Friday, No. 11/12 UCLA travels to STANFORD for a clash on Pac-12 Network. The Cardinal are out of the top-25 for the first time since 2001 and look to get back in. ARIZONA STATE also travels to COLORADO for a Pac-12 Network contest that day. The week closes with a top-25 tilt between the Bruins and Golden Bears on Sunday on the Conference’s Network.
• 11 Pac-12 teams have posted a .500 or better record through non-conference play marking the fourth-straight year, at least 11 teams have done so.
• Four Pac-12 teams are ranked in the Associated Press and USA Today/WBCA Coaches poll, the Ducks leading at No. 10 in both. UCLA is No. 11/12, OSU is No. 17/17 and Cal is No. 20/24. The Cardinal, ASU and USC are receiving votes.
• UCLA’s Jordin Canada became the 38th player in Conference history to score 1,700 career points last week. She is also just the 10th player in league history to dish out at least 600-career assists, a feat she achieved earlier this season.She is currenly fifth all-time in career assists in Pac-12 history.
• Oregon’s Sabrina Ionescu was voted the Pac-12 Player of the Week for the second-consecutive week and fourth time this season. Currently tied for the NCAA triple-double career record with seven, she is tied for the national lead this season with three.
• Cal’s Kianna Smith was tabbed the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year for the second time this season. She has recorded at least five assists in her last eight games, averaging 5.4 assists per game for the second-best average among freshman in the country.
|Friday, Dec. 29|
|Washington at #17/17 Oregon State||Live Stream||2 p.m. PT|
|Washington State at #10/10 Oregon||Live Stream||3 p.m. PT|
|Arizona at Utah||Live Stream||5 p.m. PT|
|#11/12 UCLA at Stanford||P12N||5:30 p.m. PT|
|Arizona State at Colorado||P12N||6 p.m. PT|
|USC at #20/25 California||Live Stream||6 p.m. PT|
|Sunday, Dec. 31|
|Arizona State at Utah||Live Stream||11 a.m. PT|
|Washington State at #17/17 Oregon State||P12N||11 a.m. PT|
|#11/12 UCLA at #20/25 California||P12N||11 a.m. PT|
|Arizona at Colorado||Live Stream||12 p.m. PT|
|Washington at #10/10 Oregon||P12N||1 p.m. PT|
|USC at Stanford||P12N||1 p.m. PT|
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
|Teams||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
- Arizona Women's Basketball
- Arizona State Women's Basketball
- California Women's Basketball
- Colorado Women's Basketball
- Oregon Women's Basketball
- Oregon State Women's Basketball
- Stanford Women's Basketball
- UCLA Women's Basketball
- USC Women's Basketball
- Utah Women's Basketball
- Washington Women's Basketball
- Washington State Women's Basketball
- Arizona State
- Oregon State
- Washington State
- Women's Basketball
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 4:00pm PTLive