Davis leads Stanford to road sweep for Pac-12 men's hoops weekly honor
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (1/15/18) - Daejon Davis, Fr., G, STANFORD
• STANFORD’s Daejon Davis earns his first Pac-12 Player of the Week award for the week of Jan. 8-15 as voted on by media who cover the league. The freshman led Stanford to its first conference road sweep in eight seasons and its first four-game winning streak in Conference play in 10 seasons.
• For the week, Davis averaged 15.5 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.5 assists to collect the Cardinal's first weekly Conference honor since 2015. Davis is only the fourth freshman in Stanford program history (Brook Lopez 2007, Jason Collins 1999, Howard Wright 1986) to earn Player of the Week accolades.
• The Seattle, Wash. native posted his first career double-double in his hometown with 16 points and a career-high 10 rebounds in Saturday's 73-64 win at Washington. With Stanford holding a two-point edge late in the game, Davis knocked down his third 3-pointer of the night to seal the road sweep for the Cardinal.
• In Thursday’s 79-70 win over Washington State, Davis scored 11 of his 15 points in the second half, including eight during a pivotal 24-5 Cardinal run to overcome a nine point second-half deficit en route to the win over the Cougars.
• Stanford (10-8, 4-1) has risen from 209th (1/2) to 98th (1/15) in the NCAA RPI during its four-game win streak and is currently tied atop the Conference standings with No. 14 ARIZONA (14-4, 4-1). The two teams will meet in Palo Alto this Saturday on CBS at 1 p.m. PT after the Cardinal play host to No. 16 ARIZONA STATE on Wednesday at 8 p.m. on Pac-12 Network.
ALSO NOMINATED: Allonzo Trier, ARIZONA; George King, COLORADO; MiKyle McIntosh, OREGON; Tres Tinkle, OREGON STATE; Jordan McLaughlin, USC; Jaylen Nowell, WASHINGTON; Robert Franks, WASHINGTON STATE.
2017-18 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK