Utah's Bibbins voted Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (1/22/18) - Justin Bibbins, Sr., G, UTAH
• UTAH senior guard Justin Bibbins collects his first Pac-12 Player of the Week award for the week of Jan. 15-21 as voted on by media who cover the league.
• Bibbins became the first Ute to record back-to-back double-doubles this season en route to averaging 16.5 points on 50 percent shooting (11-22), 8.5 assists and 5.5 rebounds in Utah’s victories over Washington and Washington State.
• He opened the week with 20 points, including 4-of-9 from behind the arc, and 10 rebounds as Utah defeated Washington, 70-62, on Thursday. He added five assists against the Huskies to become the shortest major conference player (listed at 5-8) with 20 points, 10 rebounds and five assists in a game in the last 20 years according to STATS LLC.
• He followed up with 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting and a season-high 12 assists in Sunday’s 82-69 victory over the Cougars.
• The graduate transfer from Long Beach State is tied for 18th in the Pac-12 in scoring at 14.2 points per game and in the top 5 in the league in five categories, including assists (T-3rd, 5.1 apg) and three pointers (T-2nd, 2.7 3FG/gm). His production has increased to 17.1 points and 5.9 assists per game through eight league contests.
• He picks up the program’s eighth Conference weekly honor all-time and first since Jakob Poeltl on Feb. 22, 2016. It is Bibbins’ first career weekly award.
• Utah (12-7, 4-4) embarks on the desert road swing this week against nationally ranked #21 Arizona State on Jan. 25. at 7:30 p.m. PT on Pac-12 Networks and Pac-12 leader #11 Arizona on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. PT on FOX.
ALSO NOMINATED: Allonzo Trier, ARIZONA; McKinley Wright, COLORADO; Payton Pritchard, OREGON; Tres Tinkle, OREGON STATE; Reid Travis, STANFORD; Jaylen Nowell, WASHINGTON; Carter Skaggs, WASHINGTON STATE.
2017-18 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MORE FROM PAC-12 POST
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive