Pac-12 announces Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Jordin Canada, SR, G, UCLA (Los Angeles, Calif.)
2 GP, 20.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 15-29 (.517), 9-12 FT (.750), 8 ast, 5 blk, 4 stl
• Led UCLA to its second-consecutive Pac-12 road sweep with wins at Washington (86-69) and Washington State (79-71).
• Opened the women with 22 points, five rebounds and five assists at UW, becoming just the fifth player in Pac-12 history to go over 300 steals.
• Followed up with 19 points, four rebounds, three assists and two more steals in the win at WSU.
• Second weekly honor this season, third all-time for Canada and 58th all-time for UCLA.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Satou Sabally, FR, F, Oregon (Berlin, Germany)
2 GP, 13.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 8-21 (.381), 9-11FT (.818), 2 stl, 3 ast, 3 blk
• Scored in double figures in both games as the Ducks defeated Colorado (74-55) and Utah (84-68).
• Posted 12 points at Colorado with five rebounds, two assists and two blocked shots.
• Went 5-of-10 from the field for 15 points at Utah with four more rebounds and two steals.
• The top-scoring freshman in the Pac-12 this season.
• Fourth weekly honor for Sabally and 24th all-time for Oregon
Player of the Week: Kristine Anigwe, CAL; Kennedy Leonard, COLO; Ruthy Hebard, ORE; Marie Gulich, OSU; Brittany McPhee, STAN; Kristen Simon, USC; Daneesha Provo, UTAH; Amber Melgoza, WASH; Borislava Hristova, WSU.
Freshman of the Week: Taya Corosdale, OSU; Kiana Williams, STAN; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA; Tori Williams, UTAH.