Pac-12 announces Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Brittany McPhee, SR, G, Stanford (Normandy Park, Wash.)
2 GP, 25.5 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 22-40 (.550), 4-8 FT (.500), 3 ast, 2 blk
• Led then-No. 24 Stanford sweep a pair of ranked opponents on the road, beating then-No. 16 Oregon State (60-57) and then-No. 6 Oregon (78-65).
• Started the weekend with her second career double-double, going for 18 points and a career-high 12 rebounds against the Beavers, tallying 10 points and eight rebounds in the second half.
• Scored 31 of her career-high 33 points in the second half at Oregon to propel the Cardinal to a win over its highest-ranked opponent on the road since it won at No. 3 Rutgers in 2007.
• Scored Stanford's final 19 points of the game, singlehandedly outscoring the Ducks in the second half (31-24). She made the Cardinal's final nine field goals over the last nine minutes and shot 13-of-18 (.722) from the floor in the second half.
• First weekly honor for McPhee and 107th all-time for Stanford.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Kiana Williams, FR, G, Stanford (San Antonio, Texas)
2 GP, 14.0 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 11-24 (.458), 1-2 FT (.500), 4 stl, 6 ast, 1 blk
• Scored 14 points in each game of Stanford's road sweep of then-No. 16 Oregon State (60-57) and then-No. 6 Oregon (78-65).
• Helped the Cardinal come back from a third-quarter deficit at OSU, consistently knocking down mid-range pull-up jumpers.
• One shy of her career high with four made 3-pointers as part of a 14-point effort at Oregon.
• Scored in double figures in 12 of her last 17 games, averaging 10.8 points in 12 conference games, tops among Pac-12 freshman.
• Second weekly honor for Williams and 7th all-time freshman award for Stanford.
Player of the Week: Jalea Bennett, ARIZ; Courtney Ekmark, ASU; Sabrina Ionescu, ORE; Katie McWilliams, OSU; Monique Billings, UCLA; Megan Huff, UTAH; Alexys Swedlund, WSU.
Freshman of the Week: Sam Thomas, ARIZ; Satou Sabally, ORE; Taya Corosdale, OSU.
MORE FROM PAC-12 POST
TODAY | 10:30am PTLive
TODAY | 1:30pm PTLive