Pac-12 announces baseball players of the week
OREGON STATE'S TREVOR LARNACH NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
STANFORD'S TRISTAN BECK TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
SAN FRANCISCO -The Pac-12 Conference office announced today Trevor Larnach of OREGON STATE was named the Pac-12 Player of the Week and Tristan Beck of STANFORD was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week for the action during the week of Feb. 14-19.
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Trevor Larnach, Jr., OF, Oregon State (Pleasant Hill, Calif.)
• Larnach paced Oregon State to a 4-0 start over opening weekend by reaching base 12-of-13 plate appearances. OSU started the week with a 5-2 win over New Mexico, followed victories over Gonzaga (4-3), Cal Poly (16-7), and New Mexico again on Monday, 15-3.
• The junior led OSU with eight hits, three home runs, seven RBIs and a .778 on-base percentage. After opening the season with a strikeout, Larnach has an active streak of reaching base 12 consecutive times through the first four games.
• Became the first OSU player since Michael Conforto in 2013 to homer in three consecutive games. On Saturday, Larnach hit a pivotal home run against Gonzaga to break a 2-2 tie en route to the Beavers’ 4-3 win.
• Earns first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and Oregon State’s 131st all-time weekly nod.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Tristan Beck, Jr., RHP, Stanford (Corona, Calif.)
• Beck shined on the mound in No. 13 Stanford’s season opener as he helped the Cardinal to a 5-1 victory over No. 17 Cal State Fullerton on Friday. The Cardinal went on to sweep the weekend series against Fullerton with a 5-3 win on Saturday and 6-5 win on Sunday.
• Beck pitched six innings and totaled five strikeouts to help the Cardinal jump out to a commanding 5-0 lead in the season debut. Beck gave up just four hits and allowed only one walk and one run in his first start since his freshman year.
• Collects first career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor after his first start in 630 days due to a sustained injury and marks Stanford’s 137th all-time weekly nod.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Cal Stevenson, ARIZ; Spencer Torkelson, ASU; Andrew Vaughn, CAL; Jakob Goldfarb, ORE; Nick Hoerner, STAN; Chase Strumpf, UCLA; Brandon Perez, USC; Dominic Foscalina, UTAH; Wyatt Segle, WSU
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Cody Deason, ARIZ Boyd Vander Kooi, ASU; Jared Horn, CAL; Kenyon Yovan, ORE; Jon Olsen, UCLA; Brad Wegman, USC; Tanner Thomas, UTAH; Isaac Mullins, WSU
2018 PAC-12 PLAYER AND PITCHER OF THE WEEK
|Feb. 20||Trevor Larnach, OSU||Tristan Beck, Stan|
Thu 1/30 | 6:00pm PTLive
Thu 1/30 | 8:00pm PTLive