Pac-12 announces Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Marie Gulich, SR, C, Oregon State (Cologne, Germany)
2 GP, 24.5 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 20-29 (.690), 9-10 FT (.900), 6 ast, 7 blk, 2 stl
• Had a pair of 20+ point performances, as the Beavers completed a sweep of the LA schools.
• Started the weekend scoring 24 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter and overtime, to lift Oregon State over No. 7 UCLA (67-64).• Went 8-for-13 in the game vs. the Bruins, pulling down 12 rebounds with blocked three shots.
• Followed up with 25 points on 12-for-16 shooting to go with nine boards and four blocks in a Senior Day win on Sunday against USC (69-63).
• First-career weekly honor for Gulich and 40th all-time for Oregon State.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Tori Williams, FR, G, Utah (Boise, Idaho)
2 GP, 18.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 13-18 (.722), 1-2 FT (.500), 1 stl, 7 ast
• Led Utah to a decisive win, scoring a career-high 29 points in the 81-46 win against Washington.
• Seven made threes was a career-high, tying the Jon M. Huntsman Center, also shooting a career-best 84 percent from the floor. Shot 72 percent for the weekend.
• Six rebounds against Washington was her second-highest total of the season and has had three or more assists in back-to-back games and seven this season.
• Has reached double-figures in 12 games.
• Second weekly honor for Williams and fifth all-time for Utah.
Player of the Week: Lucia Alonso, ARIZ; Robby Ryan, ASU; Asha Thomas, CAL; Kennedy Leonard, COLO; Ruthy Hebard, ORE; Emily Potter, UTAH.
Freshman of the Week: Sam Thomas, ARIZ; Kianna Smith, CAL; Annika Jank, COLO; Taya Corosdale, OSU; Tori Williams, UTAH.