UCLA's Holiday collects second Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (2/19/18) - Aaron Holiday, Jr., G, UCLA
SAN FRANCISCO – UCLA’s Aaron Holiday collects his second Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week honor this year (Dec. 25) and of his career as voted on by media who cover the league.
• Holiday averaged 23.0 points, 8.0 assists and 3.0 rebounds in the Bruins’ home wins over Oregon State, 75-68, and Oregon, 86-78, last week. Holiday, who made half his shots (13-26 FG) including 47 percent from deep (7-15 3FG) and 87 percent at the foul line (13-15), helped UCLA improve to 19-8 overall and 10-5 in league play to remain in contention for the Pac-12 regular-season title.
• In UCLA’s victory over Oregon State on Thursday, Holiday tallied 17 points and handed out a season-best 10 assists to record his second double-double of the season.
• Holiday then hit five 3-pointers and made 9-of-13 shots en route to a game-high 29 points and added six assists and five rebounds in the Bruins' thrilling overtime win against the Ducks on Saturday.
• Holiday, who leads the Conference in scoring and three-point shooting in Pac-12 games (20.9 ppg, 51.2% 3FG), is putting together one of the most productive seasons for a lead guard in league history. Currently averaging 19.4 points and 5.7 assists, he is on pace to become only the seventh player in Conference history to average 19.0 points and 5.0 assists for a season. He is one of two major conference players with those averages, joining Oklahoma's Trae Young on the list.
• UCLA is tied for second in the Pac-12 standings with three games remaining in Conference play leading up to the Pac-12 Tournament.. The Bruins hit the road this weekend, traveling to Utah (17-9, 9-6) on Thursday at 6 p.m. on ESPN, and then Colorado (15-12, 7-8) at 1 p.m. on ESPNU on Sunday.
ALSO NOMINATIED: Deandre Ayton, Arizona; Daejon Davis, Stanford; Jordan McLaughlin, USC; Tyler Rawson, Utah; Matisse Thybulle, Washington; Malachi Flynn, Washington State.
2017-18 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK