USC duo collects first Pac-12 Beach Volleyball weekly honor of 2018
Pac-12 Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week: Abril Bustamante & Terese Cannon, USC
• The pair of junior Abril Bustamante and senior Terese Cannon helped No. 1 nationally ranked USC go undefeated at the Sun Devil Challenge with four victories at the top of the lineup to open the 2018 campaign last week.
• USC's 4-0 week featured ranked victories over No. 10 Grand Canyon (3-2) and No. 14 Cal Poly (3-2), a 3-2 triumph over host Arizona State, and a 5-0 sweep of Nebraska.
• Playing together for the first time, the Trojans' top pair cruised in straight sets against the Antelopes, Cornhuskers and Sun Devils, then posted a come-from-behind 2-1 victory over their Mustangs' opponents to even the match 2-2 and eventually fend off Cal Poly's upset bid.
• It marks the second career honor for both Bustamante and Cannon, but first as partners.
• Now in its third season as a Pac-12 sponsored sport, two-time defending NCAA champions USC has captured 12-of-17 Pair of the Week honors awarded in beach volleyball.
ALSO NOMINATED: Olivia Hallaran & Kacey Nady, ARIZONA; Ellyson Lundberg & Katelyn Carballo, ARIZONA STATE; Courtney Bowen & Kate Formico, STANFORD; Madi Yeomans & Elise Zappia, UCLA.
2018 PAC-12 BEACH VOLLEYBALL PAIR OF THE WEEK
|Feb. 27||Abril Bustamante & Terese Cannon, USC|
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 4:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive