UCLA's Holiday closes with third Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly award
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (3/5/18) - Aaron Holiday, Jr., G, UCLA
SAN FRANCISCO – UCLA’s Aaron Holiday collects his third Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week honor of the season (Dec. 25, Feb. 19) as voted on by media who cover the league. It is the final weekly award of the 2017-18 campaign.
• Holiday scored a career-high 34 points and added seven assists and five rebounds in UCLA's 83-72 win at USC on Saturday. Holiday made a career-best six 3-pointers (6-9) and scored the final nine points in the Bruins’ crucial victory to secure the No. 4 seed and earn a first-round bye in the Pac-12 Tournament.
• The junior from Chatsworth, Calif., played all 40 minutes in UCLA’s regular-season finale, shooting 69 percent from the field (11-16) and 75 percent from the foul line (6-8). Holiday helped the Bruins rally from an eight-point deficit, scoring (20 pts.) or assisting (four assists) on 30 of UCLA's 43 second-half points.
• Holiday currently paces the Conference in scoring at 20.1 points per game and is featured in the top-10 of six categories including second in assists (7.5 apg), third in three-pointers made and percentage (76, .439) and ninth in assist/turnover ratio (1.6)
• The All-Pac-12 First Team member earned recognition on three preseason national award watch lists including the James A. Naismith Trophy, John Wooden Award and the Lute Olson Award. Holiday made the mid-season cut for the Lute Olson award that will be announced on March 31 at the NCAA Basketball Tournament in San Antonio, Texas.
• UCLA (20-10) finished the 2018 season in a three-way tie for third place in the Pac-12 standings, securing the final first-round bye. The fourth-seeded Bruins will face either No. 5 seed Stanford (11-7, 17-14) or No. 12 seed California (2-16, 8-23) on Thursday at 2:30 p.m. PT on Pac-12 Network in the Pac-12 Tournament Quarterfinals.
ALSO NOMINATIED: Deandre Ayton, ARIZONA; Troy Brown, OREGON; Stephen Thompson Jr., OREGON STATE; Reid Travis, STANFORD; Justin Bibbins, UTAH.
2017-18 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MORE FROM PAC-12 POST
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive