Pac-12 announces Baseball Players of the Week
ANDREW VAUGHN NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
OREGON KENYON YOVAN TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference office announced today that CALIFORNIA’s Andrew Vaughn was named the Pac-12 Player of the Week and OREGON’s Kenyon Yovan was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Andrew Vaughn, So., IF (Santa Rosa, Calif.)
• Vaughn posted another strong week at the plate to earn his second Conference honor this season. He helped California capture a critical series win over then-No. 15 UCLA and a non-conference win over UC Davis (9-3).
• The Golden Bears' first baseman went 9-for-18 (.500) with two home runs, two doubles, four runs scored and nine RBIs while boasting a .944 slugging percentage.
• Led the Bears to an 8-3 victory over the Bruins with a three-run double in the eighth inning to clinch the series on Saturday. Vaughn is hitting .467 with 14 home runs, 39 RBIs, and holds a .598 on-base percentage that ranks first in the nation.
• Collects third career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and Cal’s 77th all-time weekly nod.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Kenyon Yovan So., RHP (Beaverton, Ore.)
• In only his second career start, Yovan was dominant in Oregon’s 10-1 victory over then-No. 3 Stanford on Thursday.
• He struck out a career-high nine batters in six innings to deal the Cardinal only its third loss of the season. Yovan conceded just one walk and three hits to give Oregon a 9-0 lead in the bottom of the sixth.
• The 2017 All-American closer also batted .400 (4-10) and recorded two doubles last week as the team's designated hitter.
• Earns first Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and Oregon’s 60th all-time weekly nod.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Dillon Paulson, USC; Dashawn Keirsey Jr., UTAH; Nick Kahle, WASH; JJ Hancock, WSU.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Eli Lingos, ASU; Tanner Dodson, CAL; Jack Little, STAN; Kyle Hurt, USC; Alex Hardy, WASH; Ryan Walker, WSU.
2018 PAC-12 PLAYER AND PITCHER OF THE WEEK
TOMORROW | 6:30pm PTLive