Third UCLA duo tabbed Pac-12 beach volleyball pair of the week
PAIR OF THE WEEK:
Zana Muno (JR, Hermosa Beach, Calif.) and Savvy Simo (SO. Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.), UCLA
• The duo led UCLA to a 6-0 week with victories over six ranked teams, including knocking off #1 Pepperdine and two other teams in the top 10.
• The pair dropped only two sets all week, one to Pepperdine and one set to FIU in Miami but still came out victorious winning the third set of both matches to go undefeated on the week.
• They also ran their winning streak to 16-straight matches and have the best record by percentage on the team at 18-2 (.900).
• The Bruins extended their winning streak to 19-straight duals, of which 16 teams were nationally ranked at the time.
• Wins last week included duals over then-#1 Pepperdine at home before heading to Miami to take part in the FIU Surf 'N' Turf Invitational. The Bruins took down #7 Florida State (4-1), and #12 FIU and #18 Florida Atlantic by identical 5-0 sweeps, followed bysweeps over #11 Grand Canyon and #8 South Carolina to cose out the weekend.
• It is the first-career weekly honor for either player and the third this season for a Bruin pair. It is the seventh-all-time weekly nod for UCLA since the award's inception in 2016.
2018 PAC-12 BEACH VOLLEYBALL PAIR OF THE WEEK
Feb. 27 - Abril Bustamante and Terese Cannon, USC
Mar. 6 - Morgan Hentz and Amelia Smith, STAN
Mar. 13 - Izzy Carey and Megan Muret, UCLA
Mar. 20 - Megan McNamara and Nicole McNamara, UCLA
Mar. 27 - Abril Bustamante and Tina Graudina, USC
April 2 - Zana Muno and Savvy Simo, UCLA