Stanford duo claims Pac-12 beach volleyball pair of the week nod
PAIR OF THE WEEK:
Courtney Bowen (JR, Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Sunny Villapando (FR, Manhattan Beach, Calif.), STANFORD
• The pair helped Stanford go 3-1 at the Pac-12 North Invitational, with the duo going a perfect 4-0.
• The Cardinal's only loss was to then-No. 4 USC (3-2), in which Bowen/Villapando defeated the Trojans' pair at No. 2 in straight sets.
• Since becoming a pair, the duo owns a 7-1 record overall record. The Cardinal's only loss on the weekend came to No. 4 USC, in which Bowen/Villapando defeated Dennis/Dorn at the two in straight sets.
• The pair won in straight sets in three of the four duals, defeating then-No. 13 California in three sets to help the Cardinal pull out a 3-2 win over the Golden Bears.
• It is the first-career weekly honor for either player and second this season for a Cardinal pair. It is the second-all-time weekly nod for Stanford since the award's inception in 2016.
2018 PAC-12 BEACH VOLLEYBALL PAIR OF THE WEEK
Feb. 27 - Abril Bustamante and Terese Cannon, USC
Mar. 6 - Morgan Hentz and Amelia Smith, STAN
Mar. 13 - Izzy Carey and Megan Muret, UCLA
Mar. 20 - Megan McNamara and Nicole McNamara, UCLA
Mar. 27 - Abril Bustamante and Tina Graudina, USC
April 2 - Zana Muno and Savvy Simo, UCLA
April 10 - Lily Justine and Sarah Sponcil, UCLA
April 17 - Courtney Bowen and Sunny Villapando, STAN