Pac-12 announces Baseball Players of the Week
CALIFORNIA’S ANDREW VAUGHN NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
WASHINGTON STATE’S PARKER MCFADDEN TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference office announced today that CALIFORNIA’s Andrew Vaughn was named the Pac-12 Player of the Week and WASHINGTON STATE’S Parker McFadden was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week.
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Andrew Vaughn, So., IF, California (Santa Rosa, Calif.)
• Vaughn led California to a 2-2 week and its fourth-straight Pac-12 series win, taking 2-of-3 games against Washington (11-4, 5-2, 3-4).
• Vaughn went 11-for-17 (.647) with three home runs, three doubles, seven RBIs, .684 on-base percentage, 1.353 slugging percentage and six runs scored over four games last week. His team-leading 18 homers this season ranks second nationally.
• In the second game of the Washington series, Vaughn gave the Golden Bears the lead in the third inning with a home run and Cal held on to clinch the series.
• Earns his third Pac-12 Player of the Week honor this season (March, 12; April, 2) and California’s 55th weekly player nod.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Parker McFadden, Jr., RHP, Washington State (Yelm, Wash.)
• McFadden earned the win as four Washington State pitchers combined for a no-hitter against Santa Clara (5-0) on Sunday.
• Threw the first five innings in his first start since 2016 and struck out four batters, walked two and hit one in the program’s 26th no-hitter in school history.
• WSU recorded its second no-hitter of the season (April 8) the first time since 1976 the program posted multiple no-hitters in one season. Marks the fourth no-hitter in the Pac-12 this season, which ties for the most in a single season in Conference history.
• Made an appearance in WSU’s midweek matchup versus Gonzaga for a total of 6.1 innings without allowing a hit along with seven strike outs.
• Collects first career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week award and Washington State’s 79th all-time weekly honor.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Spencer Torkelson, ASU; Tyler Malone, OSU; Michael Toglia, UCLA; Andrew Daschbach, STAN; Blake Clanton, WSU.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Aaron Shortridge, CAL; Luke Heimlich, OSU; Jake Bird, UCLA.
2018 PAC-12 PLAYER AND PITCHER OF THE WEEK
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 4:00pm PTLive