Pac-12 announces Baseball Players of the Week
OREGON STATE’S STEVEN KWAN NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
OREGON’S KENYON YOVAN TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference office announced today that OREGON STATE’s Steven Kwan was named the Pac-12 Player of the Week and OREGON’s Kenyon Yovan was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week.
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Steven Kwan, Jr., OF, Oregon State (Fremont, Calif.)
• Kwan recorded 12 hits to help Oregon State to a 3-1 record last week, including a series win over Arizona State and non-conference triumph over Portland.
• Registered multiple hits in three of the four games, going 12-of-18 (.667) for a .714 on base percentage and 1.056 slugging percentage with three walks and two RBIs.
• Tied the Beavers’ single-game record with five hits versus Portland while tallying two triples and a homer for a .833 on base percentage during the game.
• Improved his season-long on base percentage to .464, which ranks seventh in the Conference, and also sits third with five triples this season.
• Earns first Pac-12 Player of the Week honor this season and Oregon State’s 54th weekly player nod.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Kenyon Yovan, So., RHP, Oregon (Beaverton, Ore.)
• Yovan dominated the mound with a career-high 15 strikeouts to earn the win over USC, 9-2, on Saturday.
• Despite rainy conditions and a 31-minute delay, Yovan allowed just five hits in eight innings without surrendering a walk in the game, opposed to the Trojans’ 13 walks and two hit batters.
• 15 strikeouts in a single game ranks third in Oregon history and is the seventh-most by a pitcher in the NCAA and most of any Pac-12 pitcher this season. The sophomore has totaled 75 strikeouts for the second-most in the league thus far.
• Served as the designated hitter in three games during the week, recording two hits and a double.
• Collects second Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week award this season (April 2) and Oregon’s 61st all-time weekly honor.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Jakob Goldfarb, ORE; Tim Tawa, STAN; Chase Strumpf, UCLA; Dashawn Keirsey Jr., UTAH; Nick Kahle, WASH.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Matt Ladrech, CAL; Luke Heimlich, OSU; Tristan Beck, STAN; Ryan Garcia, UCLA; Josh Tedeschi, UTAH; Lucas Knowles, WASH; Scotty Sunitsch, WSU.