Pac-12 announces Baseball Players of the Week
WASHINGTON’s LEVI JORDAN NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
CALIFORNIA’s AARON SHORTRIDGE TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference office announced today that WASHINGTON’s Levi Jordan was named the Pac-12 Player of the Week and CALIFORNIA’s Aaron Shortridge was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week.
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Levi Jordan, Jr., INF, Washington (Puyallup, Wash.)
• Jordan played a key role in Washington’s series victory over No. 1 Stanford (7-0, 4-2, 5-6) in the final week of Pac-12 play to help the Huskies earn a bid to the NCAA Tournament.
• Went 6-for-11 (.545) with a 1.273 slugging percentage, two home runs, two doubles and six RBIs.
• Hit the go-ahead, three-run home run in the first inning of Washington's 7-0 win on Thursday. It marked the four-year starters' 200th career game, only the seventh Husky to reach the mark.
• Gave UW a 2-0 lead in the first inning on Saturday with a two-run double and followed it up with a solo home run in the sixth inning to secure the upset win.
• Earns his first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and Washington’s 61st all-time player award.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Aaron Shortridge, Jr., RHP, California (Napa, Calif.)
• Shortridge tossed a complete-game shutout in California’s 3-0 win at Arizona State in the regular-season finale on Sunday.
• The right-hander allowed just six hits, walked only one batter and struck out five to throw Cal's first complete-game shutout since Ryan Mason went the distance in 2016.
• The complete game is Shortridge's third in the 2018 season (April 7 vs. Utah; May 6 vs. USC), and with the performance lowered his ERA to 2.77 which ranks eighth in the Conference.
• Collects his first career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week award and is the first Golden Bear to earn the nod since Erik Martinez on March 8, 2016. Marks California’s 29th pitching nod.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Cesar Salazar, ARIZ; Korey Lee, CAL; Kyle Nobach, OSU; Jeremy Ydens, UCLA; Erick Migueles, UTAH.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Kenyon Yovan, ORE; Luke Heimlich, OSU; Jake Bird, UCLA; Trenton Stoltz, UTAH; Lucas Knowles, WASH.
TOMORROW | 6:30pm PTLive