Pac-12 Football Players of the Week – Week 2
OFFENSIVE: Laviska Shenault Jr., So., WR, Colorado (DeSoto, Texas)
• In CU's 33-28 win at Nebraska, Shenault caught 10 passes for 177 yards and the game winning touchdown, a 40-yard reception with 1:06 remaining.
• Rushed twice for 5 yards and a touchdown, but picked up key first downs on 4th-&-1 (his TD) and 4th-&-2.
• In two games, he now has 21 receptions (FBS-leading 10.5 receptions per game) for 388 yards, the latter the second-most receiving yards in back-to-back games in CU history.
Also nominated: Manny Wilkins, QB, ASU; Kanawai Noa, WR, CAL; Justin Herbert, QB, ORE; Jermar Jefferson, RB, OSU; Bryce Love, RB, STAN; Britain Covey, WR, UTAH; Gardner Minshew II, WSU
DEFENSIVE: Chase Hansen, Sr., LB, Utah (Highland, Utah)
• Finished the game with 12 tackles (2.0 sacks, 2.5 TFL), an interception return for a touchdown and a key fourth-quarter fumble recovery that stopped an NIU drive on first and 10. It was his third career game with 10-plus tackles
• With Utah clinging to a 10-6 lead with under three minutes remaining, Hansen scored the final points of the game on a 40-yard return of an interception for a touchdown. It was his second career pick-six.
One of Hansen's two sacks came on NIU's last offensive drive of the game, sending the Huskies back 15 yards on a first-and-10. He secured the victory with a 5-yard tackle for loss on fourth down for the Huskies.
Also nominated: Merlin Robertson, LB, ASU; Evan Weaver, LB, CAL; Nate Landman, LB, COLO; Jalen Jelks, DL, ORE; Bobby Okereke, LB, STAN; Jalen Thompson, S, WSU
SPECIAL TEAMS: Brandon Ruiz, So., PK, Arizona State (Gilbert, Ariz.)
• Connected on all three of his field goal attempts (49, 24, 28), including the game-winning kick from 28 yards as time expired in ASU's 16-13 upset of then-No. 15 Michigan State.
• Scored ASU's first points of the game with a 49-yard field goal to cut MSU's lead to 6-3 in the third quarter. Hit his second field goal (24 yards) early in the fourth quarter to get ASU within a touchdown, 13-6, of the Spartans.
• All four of his kickoffs in the game were touchbacks.
Also nominated: Jake Bailey, P, STAN; Kyle Sweet, PR, WSU
|Sept. 4||JJ Arcega-Whiteside, STAN||Nate Landman, COLO||Chase McGrath, USC|
|Sept. 10||Laviska Shenault Jr., COLO||Chase Hansen, UTAH||Brandon Ruiz, ASU|
- Arizona Football
- Arizona State Football
- California Football
- Colorado Football
- Oregon Football
- Oregon State Football
- Stanford Football
- UCLA Football
- USC Football
- Utah Football
- Washington Football
- Washington State Football
- Arizona State
- Oregon State
- Washington State