Pac-12 Football Players of the Week – Week 3
OFFENSIVE: Gardner Minshew II, GS , QB, Washington State (Brandon, Miss.)
• In WSU's 59-24 win over Eastern Washington, Minshew completed 45-of-57 passes (78.9%) for 470 yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions, and scattered passes to nine different receivers.
• The 470 passing yards is fifth-best among FBS quarterbacks this season.
• Minshew led WSU on seven scoring drives, including three of 80-plus yards (83, 98 and 99 yards).
• Minshew leads the nation in passing average (401.0 ypg), completions per game (39.0), 14th in passing touchdowns (8) and 15th in completion percentage (.709).
Also nominated: Khalil Tate, QB, ARIZ; Manny Wilkins, QB, ASU; Jordan Duncan, WR, CAL; Travon McMillian, WR, COLO; Justin Herbert, QB, ORE; Isaiah Hodgins, WR, OSU; JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, STAN; Myles Gaskin, RB, WASH
DEFENSIVE: Ben Burr-Kirven, Sr., LB, Washington (Menlo Park, Calif.))
• Led the Washington defense that held Utah to just seven points and 261 yards of total offense in a 21-7 Huskies win in Salt Lake City.
• For the third game out of three this season, he led all tacklers with 11 total. He currently ranks fourth in the Pac-12 in tackles with 33 (11.0 per game)
• Three times in the fourth quarter, the Huskies held the Utes out of the endzone despite Utah moving deep into UW territory. Early in the fourth, Utah started a drive at the UW 11, but turned the ball over on downs. Later in the fourth, Utah started at the Husky 28 and the UW 42, but came away scoreless on both occasions.
Also nominated: Evan Weaver, ILB, CAL; Justin Hollins, OLB, ORE; Alameen Murphy, DB, STAN; Cody Barton, LB, UTAH; Jalen Thompson, S, WSU
SPECIAL TEAMS: Travell Harris, RFr., WR/KR, Washington State (Tampa, Fla.)
• Harris totaled 125 yards and scored a touchdown on three kickoff returns and recorded a special teams tackle in Washington State’s 59-24 win over Eastern Washington.
Accounted for the Cougars’ third touchdown when he returned a kick 100 yards. It marked the first kickoff return for a touchdown for WSU since 2016 and he is one of 12 players in the country to return at least one this season.
• Harris leads the Pac-12 in kick return average at 37.0 yards per game, which also ranks seventh nationally
Also nominated:J.J. Taylor, RB, ARIZ; Michael Sleep-Dalton, P, ASU; Ashtyn Davis, KR/S, CAL; Ugochukwu Amadi, S, ORE; Jet Toner, K, STAN; Britain Covey, WR/PR, UTAH
- Arizona Football
- Arizona State Football
- California Football
- Colorado Football
- Oregon Football
- Oregon State Football
- Stanford Football
- UCLA Football
- USC Football
- Utah Football
- Washington Football
- Washington State Football
- Arizona State
- Oregon State
- Washington State