Pac-12 Men's Soccer Player of the Week
Amir Bashti, Sr., MF/F, Stanford (Cupertino, Calif.)
• 2 matches played, 2 goals, 1 assist, 5 points
• Bashti scored twice and added an assist in Stanford's weekend sweep of No. 15 UMass Lowell, 1-0, and Delaware, 3-0.
• On Friday, he set up the game-winner with a crafty back-heel flick that helped teammate Zach Ryan tally his first career goal in the 16th minute to upset the ranked River Hawks.
• The senior twice found the back of the net less than two minutes apart against the Blue Hens on Sunday, recording a tally in the 17th and 18th minutes. The victory extended the Cardinal’s unbeaten streak and program record to 21 matches improving Stanford to 3-0-3 with only one goal allowed this season.
• Collects his first career Pac-12 Player of the Week award and Stanford’s 30th all-time nod.
ALSO NOMINATED: Shinya Kadono, CAL; Sofiane Djeffal, OSU; Damian German, SDSU
2018 PAC-12 MEN'S SOCCER PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Aug. 28||Matt Hundley, UCLA|
|Sept. 4||Don Tchilao, Oregon State|
|Sept. 11||Shinya Kadono, California|
|Sept. 18||Amir Bashti, Stanford|