Pac-12 Football Players of the Week – Week 7
OFFENSIVE: CJ Verdell, Fr., RB, Oregon (Chula Vista, Calif.)
• Rushed for 111 yards on 29 carries and two touchdowns in Oregon's 30-27 overtime win over No. 7 Washington.
• Scored the game-winning TD on a six-yard run on third down in overtime.
• Became the first Duck to run for 100 yards in each of the first three Pac-12 games of the season since Byron Marshall in 2013. Became the first Oregon freshman ever to rush for 100 yards in the first three Pac-12 games of the season and the first Oregon freshman to rush for 100 yards in four of his first six career games.
Also nominated: Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA; Michale Pittman Jr., WR, USC; Tyler Huntley, QB, UTAH
DEFENSIVE: Keisean Lucier-South, Jr., LB, UCLA (Santa Ana, Calif.)
• Posted a career-high 3.5 tackles for loss, tied his career-high with a sack which forced a fumble, picked off his first career interception, and recovered a fumble which he returned 38 yards for a touchdown.
• After UCLA had taken a 20-7 lead entering the fourth quarter, the Bruin defense forced Cal turnovers on four straight possessions and Lucier-South was involved in three of the four takeaways - interception, fumble recovery and return for touchdown, forced fumble on a sack.
• The redshirt junior was credited with six total tackles in helping UCLA to its first win of the season.
Also nominated: Troy Dye, LB, ORE; Ajene Harris, CB, USC; Chase Hansen, LB, UTAH
SPECIAL TEAMS: Mitch Wishnowsky, Sr., P, Utah (Perth, Australia)
• Had four punts for a season-high average of 48.2 yards per punt against Arizona. Arizona had zero yards on one punt return.
• Wishnowsky, who had two punts of 50 or more yards (long of 55), landed three of his four punts inside the 20-yard-line and two inside the 10. His final punt was a 55-yarder downed on the Arizona 2-yard line with 2:33 remaining in the game.
• He also faked a punt for a 28-yard rush (the longest of his career) to set up Utah's final touchdown of the game. • Wishnowsky ranks second in the Pac-12 and 19th in the nation in punting (44.6).
Also nominated: Davis Price, P/PK, COLO; JJ Molson, PK, UCLA
- Arizona Football
- Arizona State Football
- California Football
- Colorado Football
- Oregon Football
- Oregon State Football
- Stanford Football
- USC Football
- UCLA Football
- Utah Football
- Washington Football
- Washington State Football
- Arizona State
- Oregon State
- Washington State
- Pac-12 Conference