Pac-12 Men's Soccer Player of the Week
Alex Cover, Fr., D, Oregon State (Nottingham, England)
• 2 matches played, 1 goal, 202 minutes, 2 points
• Cover scored the game-winning goal in overtime to lift Oregon State to a 1-0 win over California on Sunday as he followed up a strong shot on goal and slotted it into the back of the net.
• The freshman defender helped the Beavers record their second clean sheet in Conference play this season to move into second place in the league standings with a 4-2-1 record. The Beavers’ weekend results also mark their longest unbeaten streak in Pac-12 play (four) since 2009.
• Cover played every minute in Oregon State’s 2-2 tie at No. 12 Stanford on Thursday, helping hand the Cardinal its only tie in Pac-12 play after besting the previously undefeated Cardinal in Corvallis the week before.
• Collects his first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor after teammate Hassani Dotson received the nod last week, making it the first time OSU registered back-to-back award winners since 2009 (Danny Mwanga - Nov. 10, Nov. 17).
ALSO NOMINATED: Tanner Beason, STAN; Damian German, SDSU; Matt Hundley, UCLA; Scott Menzies, WASH
2018 PAC-12 MEN'S SOCCER PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive