Pac-12 November Golfers of the Month
SAN FRANCISCO –– The Pac-12 announced today that CALIFORNIA’s Sebastian Crampton and ARIZONA’s Yu-Sang Hou have been named Pac-12 Men’s and Women’s Golfers of the Month for November.
Pac-12 Men’s Golfer of the Month: Sebastian Crampton, California (Sr., Pacific Grove, Calif.)
• Crampton and the Golden Bears finished their fall season by sweeping individual medalist and team titles at the Ka'anapali Classic Collegiate Invitational.
• Crampton won individual medalist honors for the second time in his career and was an outright winner for the first time, while Cal captured its first team title of 2018-19 winning by 11 strokes against a field that featured eight of Golfstat's top 40 teams.
• Crampton's 17-under par 196 (66-67-63) was a career best and also equaled Cal's 54-hole school record set by Collin Morikawa the previous month at the Alister MacKenzie Invitational. Crampton's final-round 63 equaled his career best.
Also nominated: Issei Tanabe, USC
Pac-12 Men’s Golf Notes: USC is the lone Pac-12 team in the top 10 in Golfweek’s Top 25, coming in at No. 4. Arizona State comes in at No. 15, California at No. 16 … California’s Collin Morikawa sits No. 2 in Golfstat’s individual rankings, followed by USC’s Justin Suh at No. 6. Arizona State’s Chun An Yu is No. 12, USC’s Kaito Onishi is No. 17 … The Spring season gets underway Jan. 28-29 as Arizona hosts the Arizona Intercollegiate (Sewailo Golf Course, Tucson, Ariz.), the Amer Ari Intercollegiate (Waikoloa Beach Golf Club, Hilo, Hawai’i) follows on Feb. 7-9.
Pac-12 Women’s Golfer of the Month: Yu-Sang Hou, Arizona (So., Taipei, Taiwan)
• Led the defending NCAA champion Arizona Wildcats to a one-shot victory at the Pac-12 Preview at Nanea Country Club in Kailua Kona, Hawai'i
• Tied for first at the Pac-12 Preview shooting a 6-under 213 (69-71-73)
• In four fall tournaments, Hou led Arizona with a 72.60 scoring average.
Also nominated: Katherine Zhu, California; Kirsty Hodgkins, Colorado; Nicole Schroeder, Oregon State; Albane Valenzuela, Stanford
Pac-12 Women’s Golf Notes: Five Pac-12 teams are ranked among the top 11 teams in Golfweek’s Top 25 rankings USC leads the way at No. 1, followed by No. 5 Stanford, No. 8 UCLA, No. 10 Arizona State and No. 11 Arizona. Washington comes in at No. 17 … Pac-12 individuals are prominently listed among the Top 25 in Golfstat’s individual rankings - No. 1 Patty Tavatanakit, UCLA; No. 4 Andrea Lee, Stanford; No. 7 Malia Nam, USC; No. 9 Mariel Galdiano, UCLA; No. 10 Lilia Vu, UCLA; No. 11 Robyn Choi, Colorado; No. 16 Gabriela Ruffels, USC; No. 17 Jennifer Chang; No. 22 Raquel Olmos, Arizona State; No. 25 Ellie Slama, Oregon State … The golf season resumes in February when several Pac-12 teams compete in the Northrup Gruman (Palos Verdes Country Club, Palos Verdes, CA), Feb. 3-5.
|September||Patty Tavatanakit, UCLA||Collin Morikawa, California|
|October||Ellie Slama, Oregon State||Justin Suh, USC|
|November||Yu-Sang Hou, Arizona||Sebastian Crampton, California|