Pac-12 announces Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Megan Huff, Sr., F, Utah (Federal Way, Wash.)
1 GP, 28 pts, 8 rbs, 12-23 FG (52.2%), 1 blk
• Career-high 28 points in Utah’s 78-67 win over intrastate-rival BYU while grabbing eight rebounds, one block and a steal.
• Finished 12-of-23 from the field, including one from beyond the arc, to extend the Utes’ undefeated streak to eight games.
• 24 of her 28 points came in the second half, making 10 field goals in the third and fourth quarters.
• Ranks 25th nationally and fifth in the Pac-12 in points per game (20.6).
• Scored 20 or more points in five outings this season, including the last three games, for the second-most 20-point performances in the Pac-12 thus far.
• Collects first-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor for Utah’s fifth all-time weekly honor.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Courtney Ekmark, ASU; Recee Caldwell, CAL; Mya Hollingshed, COLO; Destiny Slocum, OSU; Japreece Dean, UCLA; Amber Melgoza, WASH.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Dru Gylten, Fr., G, Utah (Rapid City, S.D.)
1 GP, 17 pts, 8 ast, 5-9 FG (55.6%), 4-5 FT, 1 stl
• Scored a career-high 17 points in Utah's victory over BYU (78-67), shooting 55 percent from the floor including career highs in made field goals (5) and three pointers (3).
• Eight assists vs. the Cougars marked the sixth time this season she has dished out at least six assists in a game.
• Tied for seventh nationally in assists per game (6.9) which is also the most by any freshman in the country.
• Collects first Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor, marking Utah’s third this season (Nov. 12, Nov. 19 Dre’Una Edwards) and eighth freshman nod all-time.
Also nominated: Cate Reese, ARIZ; Peanut Tuitele, COLO; Jasmine Simmons, OSU; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA.
2018-19 PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK