Washington's Nowell named Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week for second time
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (12/10/18) - Jaylen Nowell, So., G, WASHINGTON
SAN FRANCISCO - WASHINGTON sophomore Jaylen Nowell collects his second Pac-12 Player of the Week award of the season and of his career as voted on by media who cover the league.
• Nowell averaged 22.0 points on 55 percent shooting (17-31) along with 6.0 rebounds and 4.5 assists as the Huskies split two games last week.
• At then No. 1 Gonzaga on Wednesday, the 6-4 guard from Seattle scored 16 of his game-high tying 26 points in the second half, including six points and an assist during a 17-6 run over the final five minutes to pull the Huskies even at 79-79 before the Bulldogs' last-second game winner. Nowell finished 10-of-18 from the field en route to his third 20-point effort of the season.
• Nowell helped Washington improve to 7-3 on the season with a near double-double of a team-high 18 points and season-high tying nine rebounds in Sunday's 70-62 victory over city rival Seattle.
• Nowell, who was also voted Player of the Week on Nov. 19, is the first Washington player to garner two weekly awards in the same season since Andrew Andrews in 2015-16, and is the first Husky underclassman ever to win mutiple Conference honors.
• Washington (7-3) heads to the East Coast to face Virginia Tech in the Boardwalk Classic in Atlantic City, N.J., this Saturday at 4 p.m. PT on ESPNU.
ALSO NOMINATED: Brandon Williams, ARIZONA; Justice Sueing, CALIFORNIA; McKinley Wright IV, COLORADO; Kenny Wooten, OREGON; Ethan Thompson, OREGON STATE; Kris Wilkes, UCLA.
2018-19 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
|Nov. 12||KZ Okpala, So., Stanford|
|Nov. 19||Jaylen Nowell, So., Washington|
|Nov. 26||Luguentz Dort, Fr., Arizona State|
|Dec. 3||Zylan Cheatham, R-Sr., Arizona State|
|Dec. 10||Jaylen Nowell, So., Washington|
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive