Pac-12 announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Sabrina Ionescu, Jr., G, Oregon (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
3 GP, 19.7 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 10.7 apg, 17-40 FG (.425), 6-12 3FG (.500)
• Helped the Ducks to three wins, highlighted by an 82-74 victory over No. 4 Mississippi State, snapping the Bulldogs' 46-game non-conference winning streak.
• Tallied had 29 points, five assists and five rebounds against MSU and set both UO and Pac-12 single-game records by going 17-of-17 at the free throw line.
• Then set the all-time (men or women) NCAA career triple-double mark against Air Force, tallying her 13th career triple-double with 17 points, 11 rebounds and 13 assists.
• 24 hours later, bettered her own record with her 14th triple-double against UC Irvine, recording 13 points, 10 rebounds and 14 assists.
• Leads the NCAA in both assists per game (8.8) and three-point percentage (55.6%) (as of Dec. 23).
• Seventh-career weekly honor for Ionescu and 52nd all-time for the Ducks.
ALSO NOMINATED: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Courtney Ekmark, ASU; Asha Thomas, CAL; Peanut Tuitele, COLO; Destiny Slocum, OSU; Alanna Smith, STAN; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA; Minyon Moore, USC; Megan Huff, UTAH; Chanelle Molina, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Lacie Hull, Fr., F, Stanford (Spokane, Wash.)
2 GP, 7.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 5-9 FG (.556), 4-6 3FG (.667)
• Started and scored a career-high 14 points on 5-of-8 shooting in Stanford's 95-85 win over No. 9 Tennessee in Knoxville, Tenn.
• Made four of five attempts from behind the arc as the Cardinal set an opponent record for made 3-pointers (14) against the Lady Vols in Thompson-Boling Arena.
• Added three rebounds, an assist and a block in Stanford's third road win against Tennessee in 16 tries.
• Career-high five rebounds and two assists in the Cardinal's 62-55 win at Buffalo on Friday which moved the team to 9-1, its best start in five seasons.
• First freshman weekly honor for Hull and eighth all-time for the Cardinal.
ALSO NOMINATED: Cate Reese, ARIZ; Peanut Tuitele, COLO; Taylor Chavez, ORE; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA; Desiree Caldwell, USC; Dre'Una Edwards, UTAH.