Series streaks, preseason favorites matchup headline week in Pac-12 Men's Basketball
#PAC12HOOPS STARTING FIVE:
1 vs. 2 - This week’s 12-game league slate will be highlighted by Thursday’s meeting between the Conference’s two preseason favorites with OREGON hosting UCLA at 6 p.m. PT on ESPN.
- Each of the last five meetings between the Bruins and Ducks has been decided by single digits including three games decided by one possession and a fourth that went to overtime.
1-0/2-0 - Five Pac-12 teams made it through the opening week of Conference play unscathed, headlined by USC starting 2-0 for the first time since 2010 and OREGON STATE securing its first league-opening road victory since 1993.
- USC seeks its first 3-0/4-0 league start since 2002, while OSU looks to start 2-0 for the first time since 2011 and potentially 3-0 for the first time since 1993. The Trojans and Beavers meet Thursday.
3.92 - OREGON STATE’s Kylor Kelley ranks second nationally with 3.92 blocks per game
- Kelley is on pace to record the Conference’s highest block rate since ARIZONA STATE’s Jordan Bachynski led NCAA Division I and set the league-record with 133 blocks (4.03 bpg) in 2013-14.
12.3 - Through 10 league games as of Jan. 7, the average scoring margin is 12.3 points.
- 4 games have been decided by single digits
- 1 game has been decided by one possession (3 pts. or less)
- 1 overtime game (1 total OT periods)
17 & 9 - Two of the Pac-12’s lenghiest series win streaks will be on the line this week as ARIZONA visits STANFORD and UTAH hosts WASHINGTON STATE.
- 17 - ARIZONA vs. STANFORD (dating to 2009)
- 13 - ARIZONA vs. WASHINGTON STATE (2010)
- 9 - UTAH vs. WASHINGTON STATE (2014); COLORADO vs. STANFORD (2012)
- 8 - OREGON vs. ARIZONA STATE (2014)
ROAD SWEEPS: They’ve been difficult to come by - just 43 in total - since the Pac-12 expanded prior to the 2011-12 season. Below is the number of road sweeps through each region and the most recent team to accomplish the feat:
- ARIZ/ASU - 4 times, most recently by UCLA in 2016-17.
- ORE/OSU - 5 times, most recently by USC in 2017-18.
- COLO/UTAH - 5 times, most recently by USC in 2017-18.
- CAL/STAN - 7 times, most recently by Arizona in 2017-18.
- UCLA/USC - 7 times, most recently by Arizona in 2016-17.
- WASH/WSU - 15 times, most recently by Utah in 2017-18.
A school-by-school total of road sweeps in the Pac-12 era:
- ARIZONA - 12
- OREGON - 9
- CALIFORNIA - 6
- UTAH - 5
- UCLA - 4
- USC - 3
- WASHINGTON - 2
- COLORADO, STANFORD - 1
- ASU, OSU, WSU - 0
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
|Teams||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (All Times Pacific - Expanded Schedule Details)
|Wednesday, Jan. 9||TV||Time|
|Arizona State at California*||PAC12||6 p.m.|
|Arizona at Stanford*||PAC12||8 p.m.|
|Thursday, Jan. 10||TV||Time|
|UCLA at Oregon*||ESPN||6 p.m.|
|Washington State at Colorado*||PAC12||6 p.m.|
|Washington at Utah*||FS1||7 p.m.|
|USC at Oregon State*||ESPNU||8 p.m.|
|Saturday, Jan. 12||TV||Time|
|Arizona State at Stanford*||PAC12||3 p.m.|
|Washington State at Utah*||PAC12||5 p.m.|
|Washington at Colorado*||ESPNU||7 p.m.|
|Arizona at California*||PAC12||7:30 p.m.|
|Sunday, Jan. 13||TV||Time|
|USC at Oregon*||ESPNU||5 p.m.|
|UCLA at Oregon State*||FS1||7 p.m.|
* Pac-12 Game
PAC-12 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
NCAA.com Player of the Week:
Luguentz Dort, Arizona State (Nov. 26)
NCAA.com Team of the Week:
Arizona State (Dec. 24)
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive