UCLA’s Ohashi, Utah’s Skinner and Isa Take Home first Pac-12 Gymnastics Weekly Awards
GYMNAST OF THE WEEK: MyKayla Skinner, Jr., Utah (Gilbert, Ariz.)
- Led Utah to the third-best opening day score in school history with 197.175 points for a win over Penn State.
- Skinner’s 39.700 all-around score ranks second in the nation and her 9.95 mark is tied for first in both bars and floor.
- Had the best opening week scores in Pac-12 in the all-around (39.700), vault (9.95), bars (9.95) and floor (9.95). Has now hit 114-114 career routines.
SPECIALIST OF THE WEEK: Katelyn Ohashi, Sr., UCLA (Seattle, Wash)
- Ohashi led the Bruins to a win over No. 11 Nebraska (197.250-195.700), taking first on balance beam with a 9.900 score and tying for first on floor exercise with a 9.950.
- Has tallied a first-place finish nine times and a second-place three times on floor exercise in 12-consecutive meets.
- UCLA’s 197.250 points was the highest season-opening score since 2005. UCLA has outscored 29-straight opponents over its last nine meets and the Bruins have recorded 49+ points in 63-straight rotations.
FRESHMAN / NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK: Cristal Isa, Fr., Utah (Henderson, Nev)
- In her collegiate debut, Isa scored 9.925 points on the bar, coming in second only to teammate MyKayla Skinner.
- The only freshman to compete for the Utes as they defeated Penn State 197.175- 194.450.
- Isa also placed fifth on vault with 9.825 points.
Gymnast of the Week: Kyla Bryant, Stanford; Cairo Leonard-Baker, Arizona State; Maddi Leydin, University of Arizona; Kyla Ross, UCLA
Specialist of the Week: Christina Berg, University of Arizona; Cristal Isa, Utah; Nina Schank, California; Kaitlyn Szafranski, Arizona State
Freshman of the Week: Norah Flatley, UCLA; Milan Clausi, California; MacKinzie Kane, University of Arizona; Wesley Stephenson, Stanford
|Gymnast of the Week||Specialist of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Jan.7||MyKayla Skinner, Utah||Katelyn Ohashi, UCLA||Cristal Isa, Utah|