Pac-12 announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Kristine Anigwe, Sr., F, California (Phoenix, Ariz)
2 GP, 22.5 ppg, 22.0 rpg, 13-29 FG (.448), 19-24 FT, 2 stl, 5 blk
• Became the first NCAA division I women’s player this season to record back-to-back 20-point, 20-rebound games, averaging 22.5 points and 22.0 rebounds in California’s home-and-home series against No. 8 Stanford last week.
• Scored a game-high 25 points in Cal's 81-80 upset victory over No. 8 Stanford on Thursday, grabbing a season-high 24 rebounds, becoming the first player in 20 years to record a 20/20 game against the Cardinal all-time.
• Tallied a game-high 20 points and 20 boards in the Bears’ 75-50 loss to Stanford on Saturday.
• Tied Cal’s men’s or women’s scoring record with 2,320 career points (Colleen Galloway, 1981).
• Nation’s leader in rebounds per game (15.6) and double-doubles (21) this season, ranking fifth in NCAA DI women’s history with 22 consecutive double-doubles, dating back to last season.
• Collects her seventh-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and fourth this season for Cal’s 49th all-time weekly honor.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Kianna Ibis, ASU; Mya Hollingshed, COLO; Destiny Slocum, OSU; Ruthy Hebard, ORE; DiJonai Carrington, STAN; Japreece Dean, UCLA; Minyon Moore, USC; Megan Huff, UTAH; Borislava Hristova, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Shalexxus Aaron, Fr., G, USC (Apple Valley, Calif.)
2 GP, 14.5 ppg, 10-18 FG (.556), 6-13 3FG (.462), 3 stl, 2 blk
• Averaged 14.5 points in USC’s pair of wins over Washington, 82-57, and Washington State, 81-73, last week.
• Tallied six made three-pointers versus Washington, the second most by a Trojan this season.
• Shot 71.4 percent from the field as she drained 10-of-14 attempts for a season-high in made baskets.
• Set career-highs with 28 points and three steals against the Huskies to record her second 20-point game this year while picking up two blocks and three steals.
Collects first Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor this season for USC’s 47th all-time nod.
Also nominated: Lacie Hull, STAN; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA; Dru Gylten, UTAH; Darcy Rees; WASH.
2018-19 PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK