Pac-12 announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Sabrina Ionescu, Jr., G, Oregon (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
2 GP, 27.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 6.0 agp, 22-35 FG (.629), 6-8 3FG (.750), 4 stl
• Averaged 27.0 points while shooting 62.9 percent from the field and 75 percent from three-point range to help No. 3/3 Oregon record a pair of road wins over California, 105-82, and No. 11/11 Stanford, 88-48.
• Finished 10-of-15 from the field and 3-of-4 from deep, tallied five rebounds and four assists against Cal.
• Just shy of a triple-double, going 12-of-20 overall and drained 3-of-4 from beyond the arc with nine rebounds and eight assists in Oregon’s first victory at Stanford since 1987.
• No. 3 Oregon, the number one scoring offense in the nation (90.3), has won 16-straight games for the longest active streak in the country and improves its best Conference start in program history to 12-0.
• NCAA-best 8.2 assists per game this season and ranks eighth in three-point field goal percentage (45.2).
• Eighth-career weekly honor for Ionescu, ties the third-most in Pac-12 history, and 53rd all-time for the Ducks.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Kianna Ibis, ASU; Kristine Anigwe, CAL; Alexis Robinson, COLO; Destiny Slocum, OSU; Kennedy Burke, UCLA; Mariya Moore, USC; Megan Huff, UTAH; Amber Melgoza, WASH; Borislava Hristova, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Dre'Una Edwards, FR, F, Utah (Las Vegas, Nev.)
2 GP, 15.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 11-21 FG (.524), 9-9 FT, 2 stl
• Scored in double-digits in back-to-back games, including a career-high 21 points in a pair of losses to USC (84-80) and UCLA (100-90).
• Tallied her second 20-point game this season versus the Bruins and shot a perfect 9-for-9 from the free throw line, the most made by a Ute this season.
• Grabbed five or more rebounds in 18 games with this season, finishing with seven against USC and six against UCLA.
• Ranks second overall in the Pac-12 and first among freshmen in field goal percentage thus far (.545).
• Collects fifth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor this season (Nov. 12, Nov. 19, Dec. 17, Jan. 14. Feb. 11), for the Utes’ eighth nod this season, tying a Pac-12 record for the most freshmen honorees by one team (2015-16 California, (8).
Also nominated: Cate Reese, ARIZ; Lesila Finau, COLO; Patricia Morris, OSU; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA; Darcy Rees, WASH; Ula Motuga, WSU.
2018-19 PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive