Pac-12 Announces Women’s Lacrosse Weekly Honors
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Shannon Williams, Sr., A, Oregon (Bel Air, Md.)
1 GP, 2 goals, 5 assists, 7 points, 5 shots, .800 sh%
• Scored or assisted on seven of Oregon’s 13 goals during its season-opening win over Mercer (13-6) on Saturday.
• Dished out a game-high five assists and tallied two goals for her fifth career game with seven-or-more points.
• Seven points and five assists were both the most by a Pac-12 player over the opening weekend.
• Extended her streak to 38-consecutive games with at least a point, dating back to the 2016 season.
• Converted her only free-position attempt and placed four of her five shots on goal.
• Picks up second-career Offensive Player of the Week honor as the only Duck to earn a Conference weekly honor during the inaugural 2018 Pac-12 season.
Also nominated: Kerri Clayton, ASU; Miranda Stinson, COLO; Daniella McMahon, STAN; Katie Ramsay, USC.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Kaylon Buckner, Fr., M, Arizona State (St. Louis, Mo.)
1 GP, 2 goals, 1 assist, 6 caused turnovers
• Registered two goals and an assist in her collegiate debut in Arizona State’s 14-7 win over Kennesaw State.
• Freshman midfielder made an impact in her first appearance, creating a team-high six turnovers.
• Helped the Sun Devils hold the Owls to seven shots on goal in the second half in their season opener.
• Recorded five draw controls as ASU outscored Kennesaw State, 7-1, to end the game.
• Collects first Defensive Player of the Week nod for Arizona State.
Also nominated: Olivia Aschman, COLO; Rachel Hall, ORE; Kyra Pelton, STAN; Riley Hertford, USC.
|Offensive Player of the Week||Defensive Player of the Week|
|Feb. 11||Shannon Williams, ORE||Kaylon Buckner, ASU|
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive