Pac-12 announces baseball players of the week
ARIZONA STATE’S SPENCER TORKELSON NAMED PAC-12 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
OREGON STATE’S BRYCE FEHMEL TABBED PAC-12 PITCHER OF THE WEEK
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference office announced today that ARIZONA STATE’s Spencer Torkelson was named Pac-12 Player of the Week and OREGON STATE’s Bryce Fehmel was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week.
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Spencer Torkelson, So., INF, Arizona State (Petaluma, Calif.)
• Opened up the 2019 season batting 9-of-14 (.643) with nine RBI, two doubles and five runs scored to lead the Sun Devils to a three-game series sweep over Notre Dame.
• Last year’s Pac-12 Freshman of the Year was a perfect 6-for-6 with runners in scoring position over the weekend and registered a 1:1 RBI to hit ratio over the three games in which ASU scored 46 total runs.
• Of his nine total RBI this weekend, seven came with two outs on the board. He matched his career-high with four RBI in the series finale.
• Earns his second-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and the 149th all-time weekly nod for the Sun Devils.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Bryce Fehmel, Sr., RHP, Oregon State (Agoura, Calif.)
• In his first start of the season, held WCC favorite Gonzaga to just one hit over eight innings for a 9-3 win on Saturday. His victory helped the defending NCAA Champion Beavers open up the 2019 season 3-0 at the Sanderson Ford College Baseball Classic.
• A first team All-Pac-12 honoree last season, allowed just three total baserunners, did not issue a single walk and struck out three batters in the victory over the Bulldogs.
• Won his 27th game all-time, which ties him for eighth in the Oregon State record books.
• Earns his second-career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor, previously winning in 2017 as a sophomore. This is the 138th all-time weekly nod for the Beavers.
Player of the Week: Ryan Holgate, ARIZONA; Jonny DeLuca, OREGON; Adley Rutschman, OREGON STATE; Ryan Kreidler, UCLA; Brandon. Perez, USC; Erick Migueles, UTAH.
Pitcher of the Week: Andrew Nardi, ARIZONA; Alec Marsh, ARIZONA STATE; Jack Ralston, UCLA; John Beller, USC; Josh Tedeschi, UTAH.
2019 PAC-12 BASEBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Feb. 19||Spencer Torkelson, Arizona State||Bryce Fehmel, Oregon State|