Pac-12 announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week
Alanna Smith, SR, F, Stanford (Melbourne, Australia)
2 GP, 22.5 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 17-37 FG (.459), 5-15 3FG (.333), 7 blk
• Posted double-doubles in Stanford's road sweep of UCLA (65-51) and USC (69-67), averaging 22.5 points, 12.5 rebounds and 3.5 blocks.
• Scored 22 points with 13 rebounds and four blocks versus the Bruins, and followed up with 23 points, 12 rebounds and three blocks against the Trojans on Sunday.
• Hit the game-winning layup against USC, scooping in a left-handed layup off glass with three seconds remaining to give Stanford its ninth-straight win in the series.
• Recorded her 1,500th career point, becoming the 16th player in Cardinal history to hit the mark.
• Eight of Smith's 18 career double-doubles have come in the last 16 games.
• Third Pac-12 Player of the Week honor this season (Dec. 17, Jan. 14) for Stanford’s 110th all-time weekly honor.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Kianna Ibis, ASU; Kristine Anigwe, CAL; Mya Hollingshed, COLO; Sabrina Ionescu, ORE; Destiny Slocum, OSU; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA; Minyon Moore, USC; Chanelle Molina, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Dre'Una Edwards, FR, F, Utah (Las Vegas, Nev.)
2 GP, 14.5 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 12-24 FG (.500), 5-7 FT, 3 stl, 1 blk
• Scored a career-high tying 21 points (8-for-17) against Arizona, her second-straight game in the 20-point range and third this season.
• Tallied her seventh double-double of the season with10 boards against the Wildcats, which ranks sixth overall in the Pac-12 and first among freshmen.
• 57-percent from the floor against No. 19 Arizona State, the fifth time in the last six games she has been 50-percent or better.
• Ranks third overall in the Pac-12 in field goal percentage and first among freshmen (.540).
• Only freshman in the league averaging over one block per game (1.2).
• Sixth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor this season for the Utes’ ninth nod this season, setting a new Pac-12 record for the most freshmen honorees by a team.
Also nominated: Cate Reese, ARIZ; Peanut Tuitele, COLO; Patricia Morris, OSU; Lexie Hull, STAN; Ula Motuga, WSU.
2018-19 PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 6:30pm PTLive