Pac-12 Announces Women’s Lacrosse Weekly Honors
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Miranda Stinson, Sr., S, Colorado (Manakin Sabot, Va.)
1 GP, 4 g, 2 ast, 6 pts, 10 sh, 4 gb, 3 dc
• Recorded four goals in Colorado’s upset win over then-No. 14 Virginia Tech, 17-6, including three tallies in the first 10 minutes of the game to set the tone early.
• Played a complete game for the Buffs offensively and defensively, adding three draw controls, three ground balls and a pair of assists, collecting six points in the victory.
• Led the Buffs with three caused turnovers, including one where she picked off a pass and finished the fast break with a goal.
• Picks up second-career Offensive Player of the Week honor and the Buffs’ seventh offensive nod since last season.
Also nominated: Kirsten Swanson, CAL; Shannon Williams, ORE.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Eliza Cahill, So., D, Colorado (The Woodlands, Texas)
1 GP, 8 dc, 3 gb
• In her second-career start, caused one turnover and picked up three ground balls in Colorado's upset road win over then-No. 14 Virginia Tech, 17-6.
• Proved to be a spark on defense and a force around the draw circle, leading Colorado with eight draw controls.
• Made an impact on transition as part of the Buffs' stout defense, clearing 14-of-18 attempts.
• First-career Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week honor for CU’s fourth defensive nod. Marks the fourth time that Colorado has swept the league’s weekly honors (2018: Mar. 12, Apr. 9, Apr. 16 ).
Also nominated: Jenny Wilkens, CAL Rachel Hall, ORE.
2019 PAC-12 WOMEN'S LACROSSE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Offensive Player of the Week||Defensive Player of the Week|
|Feb. 11||Shannon Williams, ORE||Kaylon Buckner, ASU|
|Feb. 18||Miranda Stinson, COLO||Eliza Cahill, COLO|
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive