Pac-12 announces Softball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Kindra Hackbarth, Jr., OF, Arizona State (Oakdale, Calif.)
5 GP, 9 hits, 3 HR, 11 RBIs, .529 AVG, 1.235 SLG, .526 OBP, .889 FPCT
• Hackbarth recorded 11 RBIs and hit three home runs to lead No. 13 Arizona State to four wins in the Littlewood Classic, besting Illinois State (9-6), Central Michigan (8-2), Utah State (10-2) and San Diego (12-3).
• Recorded multi-hit outings in all but one game last week, including three runs and at least three RBIs in each game of a doubleheader on Sunday.
• Ended the weekend with an impressive 1.235 slugging percentage and nine hits in 17 at-bats (.529) to rank third in the Conference in batting average (.484) thus far.
• Tallied eight runs in the Sun Devils’ second home-hosted tournament and leads all league players with 15 runs scored this season.
• The family and human development major collects her first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and ASU’s 89th all-time nod.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Rachel Garcia, Jr., P/1B, UCLA (Palmdale, Calif.)
4 GP, 2 wins, 14.0 IP, 27 K, 0.50 ERA, 0 BB, 4 RBIs, 1.286 SLG
• Struck out 27 batters in 14 innings without giving up a single walk in two complete-game victories over Ole Miss (4-0) and LMU (3-1) to maintain No. 2 UCLA’s undefeated 9-0 start.
• Of her 14 innings, she struck out the side in five and had two strikeouts in five more.
• Thrown double-digit strikeouts in three of her four starts this season to lead the Pac-12 with 49 total.
• Went 4-for-7 at the plate (.571) with a home run, four RBIs, three runs scored and two doubles in UCLA’s four victories last week.
• While majoring in history, Garcia has totaled 10 career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honors and four consecutive dating back to last season (Feb. 12; 2018: May 7, May 14), for UCLA’s 155th all-time weekly nod.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Megan Faraimo, Fr., P, UCLA (Vista, Calif.)
1 GP, 1 no-hitter, 5.0 IP, 10 K, 2 BB, 0.00 ERA
• In her lone pitching appearance of the weekend and just her second career start, Faraimo tossed the 110th no-hitter in UCLA history in an 8-0 shutout against Fresno State on Saturday.
• Struck out 10 batters in five innings of work and retired the final 14 hitters she faced at the Stacy Winsberg Memorial Tournament.
• Surrendered two walks in the first inning for the only base runners of the game.
• Collects her first Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor for UCLA’s 15th rookie nod since the award’s inception in 2015.
Player of the Week: Reyna Carranco, ARIZ; April Utecht, ORE; Frankie Hammoude, OSU; Aaliyah Jordan, UCLA; Taryn Atlee, WASH.
Pitcher of the Week: Taylor McQuillin, ARIZ; Samantha Mejia, ASU; Jordan Dail, ORE; Nerissa Eason, OSU; Carolyn Lee, STAN; Taran Alvelo, WASH.
Freshman of the Week: Frankie Hammoude, OSU; Jasmine Sievers, ORE; Silentrain Espinoza, WASH.
2019 PAC-12 SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Feb. 12||Missy Nunes, OSU||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Rachel Cid, ORE|
|Feb. 19||Kindra Hackbarth, ASU||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Megan Faraimo, UCLA|