Pac-12 announces Softball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Shaye Bowden, So., UT, Oregon (Phoenix, Ariz.)
6 GP, 7 hits, 7 RBIs, .647 SLG, .476 OBP, 6 A, .412 AVG
• Led Oregon to four wins last week with seven RBIs, a double and one home run at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic. The Ducks defeated New Mexico State (3-1), Army West Point (11-0), Texas A&M (7-5) and UC Santa Barbara (6-1).
• Drove in three runs, including the go-ahead run in the seventh inning, to help Oregon complete a comeback win over Texas A&M.
• Tallied three hits in the Ducks’ victory over UC Santa Barbara while adding a pair of RBIs for her second game with three-or-more hits this season.
• Shined defensively behind the plate with six assists and threw out three runners trying to steal a base, adding to her Conference-best six runners caught stealing this season.
• While pursuing a degree in general sciences, Bowden collects her first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and Oregon’s 75th all-time nod.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Rachel Garcia, Jr., P/1B, UCLA (Palmdale, Calif.)
5 GP, 2 wins, 13.0 IP, 19 K, 1.08 ERA, 1 HR, .571 SLG, .357 AVG
• Picked up victories over two ranked teams to preserve UCLA’s unbeaten 14-0 record, defeating No. 4 Oklahoma (7-1) and No. 16 Kentucky (12-4) at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic.
• Tied a season-high 15 strikeouts in a complete-game, four-hit performance against Oklahoma.
• Threw six innings of relief versus Kentucky, allowing just two hits, one earned run and one walk.
• Improved to 6-0 after three weeks of action and ranks sixth nationally with 12.0 strikeouts per seven innings.
• In 14 at bats over five games, Garcia recorded five hits, two RBIs and one home run.
• While majoring in history, Garcia has totaled 11 career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honors and four consecutive dating back to last season (Feb. 25, Feb. 12; 2018: May 7, May 14), for UCLA’s 156th all-time weekly nod.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Megan Faraimo, Fr., P, UCLA (Vista, Calif.)
3 GP, 1 no-hitter, 13.0 IP, 18 K, 1.08 ERA
• Threw her second no-hitter of the season in UCLA’s 3-0 victory over Colorado State on Sunday.
• Struck out nine batters in a season-high seven innings pitched while giving up only three baserunners, which included two Bruin errors and one hit by pitch.
• Added another win versus Missouri (11-3) with nine more strikeouts in six innings and managed not to walk a single batter over 13 innings.
• Collects her second straight Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor for UCLA’s 16th rookie nod since the award’s inception in 2015.
Player of the Week: Morgan Howe, ASU; Jessica Garcia, OSU; Montana Dixon, STAN; Aaliyah Jordan, UCLA; Taryn Atlee, WASH.
Pitcher of the Week: Abby Andersen, ASU; Jordan Dail, ORE; Meehra Nelson, OSU; Maddy Dwyer, STAN; Gabbie Plain, WASH.
Freshman of the Week: Maia Rader, OSU; Sami Reynolds, WASH.
2019 PAC-12 SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Feb. 12||Missy Nunes, OSU||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Rachel Cid, ORE|
|Feb. 19||Kindra Hackbarth, ASU||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Megan Faraimo, UCLA|
|Feb. 26||Shaye Bowden, ORE||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Megan Faraimo, UCLA|
TOMORROW | 11:00am PTLive
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive