Suh, Lee earn February Golfer of the Month honors
SAN FRANCISCO –– The Pac-12 announced today that USC’s Justin Suh and STANFORD’s Andrea Lee have been named Pac-12 Men’s and Women’s Golfers of the Month for February.
Pac-12 Men’s Golfer of the Month: Justin Suh, USC (Sr., San Jose, Calif.)
• Suh won his eighth career title with a victory at the Southwestern Invitational where he shot 68-68-68=204 (-12) to finish five strokes clear of the field.
• Suh’s birdie putt on the final hole also clinched the team title for the Trojans at the Southwestern Invitational.
• Earlier in the month, he finished tied for fourth at the Amer Ari Invitational where he posted 68-64-71=203 (-13). His two finishes this spring give him five in the top 10 this year, and four in the top four.
Also nominated: Ethan Marcus, Arizona; Alex del Rey, Arizona State; Daniel O’Loughlin, Colorado; Edwin Yi, Oregon; Spencer Tibbits, Oregon State; Brandon Wu, Stanford; Devon Bling, UCLA.
Pac-12 Men’s Golf Notes: GolfWeek’s Top 25 features No. 3 USC, No. 9 CALIFORNIA and No. 15 ARIZONA STATE … won the Arizona Intercollegiate … ARIZONA matched a program record by posting a final score of 37-under 280 to win the Arizona Intercollegiate (Jan. 28-29). The Cats fired a program-best single-round score of 21-under in the final round … OREGON’s Edwin Yi finished second in a field of 108 golfers at the Amer Ari Invitational to match his highest career-finish as he posted a 67-65-69=201 (-15) … California’s Collin Morikawa sits No. 2 in Golfstat’s individual rankings, followed by USC’s Justin Suh at No. 4. Arizona State’s Chun An Yu is No. 11, and Oregon’s Edwin Yi is No. 16.
Pac-12 Women’s Golfer of the Month: Andrea Lee, Stanford (Jr., Hermosa Beach, Calif.)
• Captured medalist honors at the Northrop Grumann Challenge as she posted a score of 70-70-73=213 (E)
• The win was her seventh career title, one shy of the program record.
• Finished in a tie for 12th at the Bruin Wave Invitational with a 74-81-71=226 (+10). After struggling through a difficult second round, Lee posted a 1-under 71 and 3-under 33 on the back nine to rally Stanford to its second straight win.
Also nominated: Yu-Sang Hu, Arizona; Olivia Mehaffey, Arizona State; Malak Bouraeda, Colorado; Ellie Slama, Oregon State; Mariel Galdiano, UCLA
Pac-12 Women’s Golf Notes: Four Pac-12 teams are ranked among the top 10 teams in Golfweek’s Top 25 rankings USC leads the way at No. 2, followed by No. 4 Stanford, No. 7 UCLA, and No. 9 Arizona. Arizona State comes in at No. 16, Washington at No. 21 … Pac-12 individuals are prominently listed among the Top 25 in Golfstat’s individual rankings - No. 2 Andrea Lee, Stanford; No. 3 Lilia Vu, UCLA; No. 4 Mariel Galdiano, UCLA; No. 5 Patty Tavatanakit, UCLA; No. 7 Robyn Choi, Colorado; No. 13 Albane Valenzuela, Stanford; No. 18 Jennifer Chang; No. 19 Malia Nam, USC; No. 23 Olivia Mehaffey, Arizona State; No. 24 Amelia Garvey, USC … 11 current Pac-12 women’s golfers will participate in the inaugural Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship (April 3-6). The first two rounds will be held at the Retreat Golf Club in Augusta, Ga. Following the 36-hole cut, the final competitive round will take place at the storied Augusta National Golf Club on Saturday, April 6.
2018-19 PAC-12 GOLFERS OF THE MONTH
|September||Patty Tavatanakit, UCLA||Collin Morikawa, California|
|October||Ellie Slama, Oregon State||Justin Suh, USC|
|November||Yu-Sang Hou, Arizona||Sebastian Crampton, California|
|February||Andrea Lee, Stanford||Justin Suh, USC|
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:30pm PTLive