Pac-12 announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Kristine Anigwe, Sr., F, California (Phoenix, Ariz)
2 GP, 26.0 ppg, 24.0 rpg, 24-38 (.632), 2 stl, 2 blk
• Posted a record-setting performance on Sunday in a 80-58 win at Washington State, netting 32 points and 30 rebounds to tie the Pac-12 all-time single-game record and the most by a NCAA Division I player this season.
• The first player in 17 years to record a 30-point, 30-rebound game in NCAA Division I history.
• Scored 20 points and had 18 rebounds in a 71-65 road win against Washington prior to her 30-30 outing, recording her 30th-consecutive double-double.
• Ranks third on the Pac-12’s all-time rebounds list (1,347 rebounds).
• Collects her eighth-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor, tying for the fourth-most by a single player in Conference history, and her fifth this season for Cal’s 50th all-time weekly honor.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Kianna Ibis, ASU; Kennedy Leonard, COLO; Sabrina Ionescu, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA; Minyon Moore, USC; Megan Huff, UTAH; Missy Peterson, WASH.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Lexie Hull, Fr., F, Stanford (Spokane, Wash.)
2 GP, 9.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 7-12 FG (.583), 4-8 3FG, 5 stl
• Averaged 9.0 points and 4.5 rebounds in Stanford's weekend sweep of Washington State (67-42) and Washington (72-53).
• Recorded her best weekend since returning from injury nearly two months ago, going 7-of-12 from the floor (.583) and draining 4-of-8 from deep (.500).
• Scored nine points, five rebounds and a had career-high four steals in the win in Pullman.
• Tallied three 3-pointers, nine points and four rebounds in the Cardinals’ regular-season finale.
• Collects first Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor, Stanford’s third nod in the past four seasons and overall
Also nominated: Iris Mbulito, ASU; McKenzie Forbes, CAL; Emma Clarke, COLO; Desiree Caldwell, USC; Darcy Rees, WASH.
2018-19 PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 12:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 2:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive